You Know You're Playing Standard When...

You should rename thread to "you know you're playing too much when..."
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
... I see others stating that they leave 5Ls on the ground (I only find them in a blue moon month) because they have 6Ls in all their builds, and are fishing all day when I have been in since CB time and have yet to get a 6L drop or a fishing pole. Oh rat's! (in lieu of a [removed by admin] F word) that applies to all leagues. Just means I'm PoE RNG F'd to the max yet again. Why... oh why did GGG make PoE so damned addictive but with a super high RNG Jekyll and Hyde feel to it. Oh so much too much RNGesus to this game!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 19, 2015, 11:51:10 PM
...you get this for a strongbox drop:

99.9% white trash loot drop from a level 73 map (1 blue flask). One of many such map drops.

I guess when the devs can't come up with a real working item progression mechanism they just throw high RNG trash drops at us and call it a day "working as intended". That just doesn't cut it.

My god... Wraeclast is getting buried/destroyed by mountains of white trash.
Garbage barge needed to remove trash from Wraeclast. Environmental nightmare prevails.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 20, 2015, 12:18:31 AM
"
demon9675 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
...When you're able to progress in game, and you still got time to take care of your job, life, girl and friends.

This.

All the passive aggressive, ridiculous, and extreme stuff people are listing here only apply to rich players who have amassed a fortune of gear and high level toons, and are therefore bored. As a rule that means they've played thousands of hours. The vast majority of players of ANY game don't get to that point, and the vast majority of games don't have content that lasts that long.

So go play the temp leagues, have tons of fun losing everything every 3 months, and leave those of us who don't use PoE progress as a measure of our own egos alone, thanks.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
You can give a RL friend a spare 6 link and other assorted gear totaling ~50 ex and tell them to pay you back whenever.

Easily the best thing in Standard; ability to help friends without feeling like you just killed your chance to progress efficiently in the hamster wheel.

Holy shit this post brought a tear to my eye.

I am the one that coined the phrase hamster wheel league to refer to the temp leagues.

I hope to see much more do the same in the future. The sooner the majority of the player base realizes standard is the only league worth playing in and that the temp leagues are in fact hamster wheel leagues the sooner GGG can begin to focus more on the perm leagues and make the game better.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
You can give a RL friend a spare 6 link and other assorted gear totaling ~50 ex and tell them to pay you back whenever.

Easily the best thing in Standard; ability to help friends without feeling like you just killed your chance to progress efficiently in the hamster wheel.

Holy shit this post brought a tear to my eye.

I am the one that coined the phrase hamster wheel league to refer to the temp leagues.

I hope to see much more do the same in the future. The sooner the majority of the player base realizes standard is the only league worth playing in and that the temp leagues are in fact hamster wheel leagues the sooner GGG can begin to focus more on the perm leagues and make the game better.

I too hope GGG can make any meaningful endgame other than forcing players to reroll and start over fresh... again... and again... and again... and again... and again... At least D3 has paragon levels and maps are really no better than Rift farm especially if you have access to a good mjolner build with the needed gear or a good coc build which makes PoE so much easier than diablo 3... I can tell you on my low life barrage coc and my mjolnoob guy this game has zero challenge I click a button and the entire screen explode... the hardest thing in PoE for me is to effectively pick up worthwhile item in the sea of shit items.

Too bad tho, GGG's "endgame" is to start fresh with a level 1 character and with an empty stash with 3 ID scrolls... again... and again... and again... that's just how PoE is.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 20, 2015, 3:28:23 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:

I too hope GGG can make any meaningful endgame other than forcing players to reroll and start over fresh... again... and again... and again... and again... and again... At least D3 has paragon levels and maps are really no better than Rift farm especially if you have access to a good mjolner build with the needed gear or a good coc build which makes PoE so much easier than diablo 3... I can tell you on my low life barrage coc and my mjolnoob guy this game has zero challenge I click a button and the entire screen explode... the hardest thing in PoE for me is to effectively pick up worthwhile item in the sea of shit items.

Too bad tho, GGG's "endgame" is to start fresh with a level 1 character and with an empty stash with 3 ID scrolls... again... and again... and again... that's just how PoE is.

To be clear, I don't look down on players who enjoy this kind of gameplay. I'm just resentful that they look down on me for zero justifiable reason.

Every videogame before MMOs/DRM had permanent saves. Your progress was permanent unless you lost it through some kind of unforeseen technical issue or physically losing the data. Most games are still like this. Therefore, there is nothing entitled, lazy, or "unskilled" about wanting the best facsimile of that old save design in PoE we can get. It's nothing new or different.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
demon9675 wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

To be clear, I don't look down on players who enjoy this kind of gameplay. I'm just resentful that they look down on me for zero justifiable reason.

Every videogame before MMOs/DRM had permanent saves. Your progress was permanent unless you lost it through some kind of unforeseen technical issue or physically losing the data. Most games are still like this. Therefore, there is nothing entitled, lazy, or "unskilled" about wanting the best facsimile of that old save design in PoE we can get. It's nothing new or different.

This is PoE so people hate each other... some shadows hate rangers, some marauders hate witches yo get the idea.

A permanent league without any legacy items and all item/skill changes are retroactive would be ideal. Most people hate standard is because the fact that it's littered with overpowered items (and unable to obtain these overpowered items via actual gameplay for late comers is easily one of the worst system implemented all of the mmos), and certain high volume people (those ones with 6 mjolners with 21 tabs of legacy shit with 522 ex and 21 mirrors and noob's glyph bow sitting in their stash) constantly attacking temp league-only players certainly not helping.

It's basically...
-Temp league players taunting standard people to come to temp league and I will show you pure skillz without any items to carry me.

then
-Standard riches telling them if they dare playing on standard they can easily drown them all to death with their pools of mirrors and mjolners.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 20, 2015, 4:41:42 AM
...when you actually intend to max level your character.
"
PraetorDei wrote:
...when you actually intend to max level your character.

QFT. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info