http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/news

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
k1rage wrote:
"
xtothez wrote:
"
xRoque wrote:
He has supported the game 3 times, but cant find Reddit, i call bs.

why looking on reddit where we have a dedicated forum here ?

anyway GD is dead now since BEX have changes rules . everyone is red (onprobation)

sad but true half the forum regulars are on probation... even a certain ruler...

I afraid to say anything at this point...

I hate Reddit but I may have to move there

I think this "certain ruler" has said something like being away for a few weeks, and I think I remember he had asked to get "probated" for a while once before so that he does not succumb to the temptation that is this forum - so my guess is he did it again.
"
xiandrii wrote:
oh i get it now, they are trying to squeze more money out of us by selling access to the "beta" -.- wow, real classy, Chris. i thought you were better than that.

It's a beta, why do you care?
"
oh i get it now, they are trying to squeze more money out of us by selling access to the "beta" -.- wow, real classy, Chris. i thought you were better than that.

Actually they sell you points at the regular price, and you get a free beta key if you buy a $30 pack.

Oh I forgot, businesses are evil for working with money.
Last edited by Seeders on May 21, 2015, 1:14:41 PM
"
Seeders wrote:
"

Actually they sell you points at the regular price, and you get a free beta key if you buy a $30 pack.

Buying into a beta for an xpac is lame.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for.

Open Beta isn't feasible because they don't want a full load of people to test out major network changes.

Then people feel bad because they feel they are being "left out".

GGG provides a fair mechanic to invite random people, as well as putting incentives on their existing store packs.

They give a clear timeline on when they expect these changes to go live and beta to end (2 months).

They provide an exciting league for those not in the beta.

GGG does everything right, and yet it can never be enough for the extremely entitled gaming community.

GGG doesn't even sell you the game. You play it for free. I'm sorry you feel left out of the "closed beta", and entitled to a key, but have some patience, and stop calling GGG lame for making some money.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Seeders wrote:
"

If you had read the post of the person you quoted, it's quite clear: You are not buying into beta. You are buying points and being given beta access for free if you buy points in bulk ($30+). If you would have eventually spent 30 bucks or more, there's no reason not to do this. If you buy a supporter pack JUST for beta access and don't want/use the points and are unhappy about the price, you're doing it wrong.
"
Seeders wrote:
"

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for.

Open Beta isn't feasible because they don't want a full load of people to test out major network changes.

Then people feel bad because they feel they are being "left out".

GGG provides a fair mechanic to invite random people, as well as putting incentives on their existing store packs.

They give a clear timeline on when they expect these changes to go live and beta to end (2 months).

They provide an exciting league for those not in the beta.

GGG does everything right, and yet it can never be enough for the extremely entitled gaming community.

GGG doesn't even sell you the game. You play it for free. I'm sorry you feel left out of the "closed beta", and entitled to a key, but have some patience, and stop calling GGG lame for making some money.

This. x the internet.

I have supported so many developers both indie and mainstream and never have I witnessed such progressive development.

Noone is perfect, but GGG are the closest I've seen.

They take criticism without complaint, and try to please the masses as much as possible.
They put a lot of effort into testing and making things right, pre release, so that when you get the release, its not like something Ubisoft made.

It's not possible to please everyone, and the amount of ungratefulness that is shown by people like the OP (despite being a decent supporter) is just a sign of the times.

At the end of the day, the game is F2P, you need not spend a cent.

Personally, I believe the current stable release is worlds ahead of other very disappointing PAID titles. The progressive development puts so many games to shame, especially those that choose to release half a game, then charge you for additional content.

In regards to the actual initial post. Use the internet and find the information, its right there in front of you, ya numpty.
"
Seeders wrote:

I've been in the beta for weeks :p

The way the whole thing was handled was lame. That's my opinion. Nothing more

Ive payed some ---------------------------------------------------------->
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 25, 2015, 7:14:37 PM
"
choopk1993 wrote:
"
xiandrii wrote:

edit: oh i get it now, they are trying to squeze more money out of us by selling access to the "beta" -.- wow, real classy, Chris. i thought you were better than that.

Exactly this, don't be surprise if they push it to august.

Let's see now, last I heard GGG was up into the 50s in employees. I don't know what the economy is in New Zealand but if GGG employees average salary is.. oh say 35K then if there are 55 employees that works out to just over 37K per week needed just for salaries. add in other business costs and it's over 50K per week in mtx and supporter pack sales needed. I'm probably low balling the numbers so it could be closer to 60K or 70K needed to keep GGG in the black each week.

So high and mighty principles about free-to-play is all well and good but if we want GGG to produce a better arpg with much better quality of play then selling beta access + points supporter packs is a logical thing for them to do.

Let's see if you could write a complex game and coordinate 50+ people so that all the parts will work together seamlessly and flawlessly. You have no idea how hard that is. There are no shortcuts to producing a great game.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info