Steam Beta Download

Hey guys, i recived an email talking about the Path of Exile: The Awakening with all information to download Client for close beta.
I play PoE in Steam and the link that you sent me doesn't works, it says: "You don't have permission to acess this area". How can i do to download the beta client?

In beta can i transfer and play with my character or i need to start a new char?
Did you already sign into the site through Steam and redeem the key from the account transactions page to enable beta?

Keep in mind, it's generally not recommended to play the beta through Steam if you use Steam to play normally as they cannot be installed in Steam at the same time.

It's recommended to have an email address attached to the account and use the beta stand-alone client instead.
I found how update Path client on Steam, Gary_GGG help me.

So if i update PoE on Steam i can't play with my normal chars and i cant go back to PoE non beta?
not without reinstalling in steam
Using PoE Beta on Steam my accounts will be there or i need to create a new char to play?

After PoE Beta finish any accounts will proceed to alpha server, right? So, if i can play if my char it will be deleted or reloaded to before Closed Beta?

Tks for ur attention!
Your original account is still there and accessible, but not from the beta client.

Beta and production are completely separate servers and systems.

I don't know what they're doing with beta characters after beta ends. If there was an announcement on that, it would be either in the announcements forum or the beta forum. Beta characters are wiped on occasion though.

Either way, they don't go to alpha, as alpha comes before beta. Alpha is also a different system.

If you are unfamiliar with the beta process, I might recommend staying away from it. Beta requires a different understanding of the process than the standard game... and it's harder if you're locked into Steam and not using the stand-alone client (which in my opinion is much easier).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info