Am I allowed to start this thread?

With all the new rules and laws that have been ordained upon us, I'm not sure what I can and can't say.

Is this line of questioning OK?

I want to joke around and use the occasional curse word for impact and or amusement but I don't wish to be censored.

I have some questions for all. Who ruined it for the rest of us? Why did it come to this? Was this hard line stance really necessary?

I don't visit GD so I guess I'm out of the loop. Is GD really that toxic a place that it needs to be treated like a police state?

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

It shouldnt have come to this, and thats why the forum sucks now. Oh wait, cant say that anymore either i guess.
Of course you can fucking swear, they've never been that bad in moderation uless you turn that are attacking people or trolling.

Also bear in mind that some people are so thin skinned that even telling them to stop the QQ and whining offends them.

Where as some people swear so often it's part of the lingo.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 18, 2015, 11:29:23 AM
Oblivious
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Of course you can fucking swear, they've never been that bad in moderation uless you turn that are attacking people or trolling.

Also bear in mind that some people are so thin skinned that even telling them to stop the QQ and whining offends them.

I hope to goodness these two things are not linked :(
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

rekt
"

They are certainly connected and the next one is also connected to the rule changes.

An improvement is that the comments didn't get censored or deleted so you can clearly see what caused the probation.

I predicted that t "Dismissive responses" will cause most probations, so you better be cautionious if you post stuff like "lol", "rekt" "tldr" "first blood" "double kill", "Rip in pepperonis", "good night sweet prince" when you see somebody on probation for dismissive comments and respond with a dismissive comment if you care about your forum activity.

I also predict that dismissive comments will be deleted in future because somebody will always be silly enough to post "lol" after somebody was probated for example "tldr".

lol everyone on probation after a day
Its going to be an interesting ride, I feel - we'll see how it works out.

It will be a little bit of a shame if some of the more interesting and unique forum personalities end up more or less permanently probated. Of course, it won't be a shame if some of the other more interesting and unique forum personalities get more or less permanently probated, though.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Ugh effort

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info