Upcoming changes to Leech

"
Andrew676 wrote:
Vaal Pact no longer penalizes the amount of life Leeched, it will now apply 100% of life leeched instantly, while still not allowing Life Regeneration.

lol ?

ok, return back Atziri's Acuty Gloves back 60% to 100% LL :D

Yeah this made me flip out too. Are you sure it's a good idea GGG? the majority of these changes seemed highly intelligent and thought out, such as having leech more powerful against packs but less against bosses. However I can't see the reasoning behind VP leeching 100% effectively instantly. Life regen is so often completely useless and this, IMO, take away most of the "keystone" aspect to VP, it's seems like sort of just a good thing now. No penalty, just extra power :P Can you maybe shed some light on why this was decided upon?
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
"
Base leech rate will be substantially reduced for both life and mana, with less of a reduction to mana leech rate, bringing it in-line with life leech rate.
A maximum leech rate will cap the rate at which you can leech.

does this mean that if i use vaal pact I can get 100% mana leech rate?

sorry if i sound noobish
[Removed by Support]
acuity should be buffed to 140% leech or so, else atziri will be totally useless

with acuity you could save more than 10 passive points to take vaal pact and it could provide better leech aswell

now you needs much less points to get vaal pact, in some cases 0 points, and vaal pact is 100%
The changes to leech are heavily biased towards melee, as every change has been in the beta. Please explain why there are no spell leech nodes or leech rates that apply only to spells.

Quite frankly I am getting very sick of GGG shafting casters and giving melee all of this love. They didn't even bother to revert AA to its original form.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Just to be clear, what is the audience you're targeting?
"
The changes to leech are heavily biased towards melee, as every change has been in the beta. Please explain why there are no spell leech nodes or leech rates that apply only to spells.

Quite frankly I am getting very sick of GGG shafting casters and giving melee all of this love. They didn't even bother to revert AA to its original form.

Jewels can roll spell leech + VP is moved away from Melee oO

I hope Acuity will get buffed as well, otherwise Uber will be obsolete
Last edited by Ceratoidei on Jun 16, 2015, 4:18:21 AM
All in all very good!

I vote to leave acuity as is. 60% of leech should be enough! Of course it depends on how much you leech but with good gear that won't be a problem.

Also, it will still leech mana instantly which is OP. Besides, I do hope the make it drop from uber at a higher rate, say 10 %.
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
WTS Atziri's Acuity 1C(high rolls, lowballers are not welcome)
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
For those of us who attack extremely fast > 10 APS. It would be nice to know if there is a maximum amount of enemies / hits you could leech from. Is it 20 like corrupted blood, or is it 100, or unlimited?
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Why is there no system to fix the fact that Leech is an absolutely useless mechanic until you reach ~level 60 and your DPS actually starts to outweigh your mana and life usage?

Leech should be a percentage of your health and mana, not your damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info