State of the Beta - Post #3

"
geradon wrote:

i saw no dev ever explaining why the old enlighten gem functionality had to go completely, this maybe is a nice place to ask for it (again).

Using a high level enlighten in a 6link gives you about the same bonus exp as if you had just leveled another gem in its place instead.
"

The other issue is packet loss. If you have some amount of packet loss while playing with lockstep it's possible for the server to not register your clicks at all.

no. client / server protocol is tcp not udp.
so information sent from the client to the server is getting there in every case cause the client keeps resending packets until the server acknowledges them..
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
geradon wrote:

i saw no dev ever explaining why the old enlighten gem functionality had to go completely, this maybe is a nice place to ask for it (again).

Using a high level enlighten in a 6link gives you about the same bonus exp as if you had just leveled another gem in its place instead.

yes, you level one gem less in favour of level the gems you have connected faster, basic reward/drawback mechanism as it should be.

so why did it have to go? nobody used it?
Last edited by vio on May 18, 2015, 8:00:06 AM
"
geradon wrote:
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
geradon wrote:

yes, you level one gem less in favour of level the gems you have connected faster, basic reward/drawback mechanism as it should be.

so why did it have to go? nobody used it?

From a player perspective yeah, it's next to worthless.

GGG wanted the ubergem trio to mess with stats "above the line" (the line on gems between the requirements and its effects"
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

NEW CONTENT OR LIVE NAO BLX
"
Aziraphale wrote:

From a player perspective yeah, it's next to worthless.

GGG wanted the ubergem trio to mess with stats "above the line" (the line on gems between the requirements and its effects"

worthless probably for alot of players but even then they just had to increase it's dop rate to make it a common gem and create a new rare gem for the reduced mana reservation funxctionality (as uber gem).
@carl: what's about divination cards?

how do they get stored and if we store them in the stash, how much space do they occupy?
Thanks for the update, love the game and the Beta.
"
BeRse wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
"
Kingdestiny wrote:
If your a high latency player there is no fix. You have high latency.

not true.

jonathan said (in a interview) that while implementing lockstep, he fixed alot of bugs in regular skills which may have caused desync for players.

so the implementation of lockstep benefits you even if you don't use it.

i play the beta and i don't notice any difference in terms of desync in comparison to the live version of the game

The changes aren't in yet to predictive mode. Some of the updates are coming in tomorrow along with lockstep.
Very excited to hear about Passive tree changes coming, on top of all the other more obvious items (Lockstep, Bosses/Zones, Skill Gems).

I'm hoping the scion gets some small 1-2 stat hybrid add ons to some of her less interesting nodes. Nothing exciting to anyone, since stats are used for pathing, but potentially a nice fit.

I'd also love to see a small 3 node wand wheel down near the dualist, with int on the notable. Seems like something like that would help open up the imaginations of a people making builds, and create a perception of more build diversity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info