Russian Roulette .. with what?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/68629145/family-of-russian-roulette-victim-josh-taylor-learned-of-shooting-on-facebook

The newspaper thinks that this is the gun he was using:

I'm going to have to assume they are mistaken...
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Ummm...I think the game was rigged?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
You see these things on movies and things, but I've never experienced anyone who would consider playing Russian roulette with a loaded revolver

is there any other way?
Oblivious
They have IGAs in Sydney?
See, playing Russian Roulette with a properly maintained revolver is actually not too much of a risk. If you are keeping your weapon in tip top condition, then gravity will generally pull the full chamber to the bottom of the spin when it stops.

Never play with a gun that isn't yours, though.

Also, possibly reconsider with light weight rounds as they may not have enough weight to influence the roll consistently.

Of course, you could just say - Fuck that! and use a semi-automatic pistol.

I'm going to choose never play.
You are basically telling people to commit suicide.

The cylinder is prevented to roll back. It doesn't matter if you play it with a magazine shells+1 bullet or one bullet in a cylinder. 1 person will shoot himself and most likely die.

The risk is 1/x , 1/(x-1), 1/(x-2)..... while is is the amount of chambers or size of magazine.

And probability trees don't work as argumentation because you are not interested in the full tree but the current branch.

Example 6 chambers 3rd person = 33% chance to shoot himself.

There are enough people killing themselves with this game because they used real guns.

Last edited by Hilbert on May 18, 2015, 8:00:41 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:
You are basically telling people to commit suicide.

I'm doing no such thing, and I would appreciate it if you didn't imply as such.

"
See, playing Russian Roulette with a properly maintained revolver is actually not too much of a risk.

So summed up you take magicans explanation as example but in reality their revolvers are rigged and the bullet removed.

Then you don't know how pistols and revolvers work.

The risk increases for each person not being shot.

Last edited by Hilbert on May 17, 2015, 11:32:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info