Community News: New Forum Guidelines

"
Let the exodus begin!

The rules really aren't that bad. They basically construct a perfect environment for intellectual discussion. The only problem is whether or not this community can actually manage something like that. Can any community really pull that off? Under strict enforcement nearly everybody will be probated within a month. LOL! I can see why they gave clean slates. I don't think Support will be very strict though but *shrug* we'll see.

As someone who was in the upper activity range of the forum and has never been probated (hell I had 1 post deletion in Off-Topic), I can pretty safely say that I have no issues with these rules. I'd never be probated. And realistically most people could be as well unless they are trolling.
@Antee
They are going after NZ laws. They will consider grey area as illegal.

Some countries have the loophole linking to illegal stuff isn't
against the law.

Other countries will lock you up in jail for 1-5 years even you weren't involved.

Come on everybody knows what's megaupload and mega are mainly used for.
The case is slowly in the making with a lot of delaying tactics.

The final decision will be something like: "Yeah illegal BUT ....."

And even in the US law emulation isn't obvious. It's more like MS/Sony doesn't care.

Blizzard went after Bnetd(and won), mooege and Starcrack devs.
The latter 2 had to write from scratch.

Nintendo on the other hand became pretty aggressive against emulation last year.

"
The rules really aren't that bad. They basically construct a perfect environment for intellectual discussion. The only problem is whether or not this community can actually manage something like that. Can any community really pull that off? Under strict enforcement nearly everybody will be probated within a month. LOL! I can see why they gave clean slates. I don't think Support will be very strict though but *shrug* we'll see.

Thread bumping abuse doesn't state a punishment and there are bump abusers.

I expect mostly "First" "TLDR" probations because there are users where 100% of the postings are either a 1 word/image posting or "bump"/"bumped by procurement"

Last edited by Hilbert on May 18, 2015, 8:44:43 AM
In general i do like harsh forum rules, but those are clearly over the top. If someone like me who's all about "law and order" in forums thinks this is too much...

These rules are the nail in the coffin for me. It's just not fun to act like a manner robot around idiotic people. I'll be on probation a lot if i decide to stick around. Sad.
"
ahcos wrote:
In general i do like harsh forum rules, but those are clearly over the top. If someone like me who's all about "law and order" in forums thinks this is too much...

These rules are the nail in the coffin for me. It's just not fun to act like a manner robot around idiotic people. I'll be on probation a lot if i decide to stick around. Sad.

Let the fan sites pop up. Hell, now we all got a reason to try out reddit, wonder if its as bad there?
"
"
ahcos wrote:

Let the fan sites pop up. Hell, now we all got a reason to try out reddit, wonder if its as bad there?

I don't like the way the forum works, actually really hate that ... apart from that, it's as good or bad as every other forum around. Good content, usually.
"
ahcos wrote:

Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com with any feedback regarding the new forum guidelines, as we are interested in building the forum community and making it more welcoming to all players.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
FadeXF wrote:
I would like to see a rule within "bumping" that prohibits necro bumping - AKA: bumping threads that are 2-3 years old. That gets ridiculous some days, some people think they are sooooo clever. <rolleyes>

Already said that and I expect it to become a T3 offense.
I think the thread was called "South African gameserver" where some guy got probated for a posting he made before the "no hate rule ever existed" because some troll bumped it.

"
Hilbert wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:
I would like to see a rule within "bumping" that prohibits necro bumping - AKA: bumping threads that are 2-3 years old. That gets ridiculous some days, some people think they are sooooo clever. <rolleyes>

I think the thread was called "South African gameserver" where some guy got probated for a posting he made before the "no hate rule ever existed" because some troll bumped it.

That was me, and I wasn't on probation because of the bump, but rather because I told the troll who bumped it that he was an asshole (after telling everyone there to just get out of the thread). Personal attacks. I should have reported the posts, I guess. The original posts still exist as a proof. Whatever person probated me, ignored the rest of the thread. The only reason I didn't complain about the probation is because I could have done better (and if they didn't catch the trolling first, it wasn't likely to happen later), but that doesn't mean I think it was well managed. At least with the new rules, this won't happen again (I hope).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on May 18, 2015, 3:05:19 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:

That was me, and I wasn't on probation because of the bump, but rather because I told the troll who bumped it that he was an asshole (after telling everyone there to just get out of the thread). Personal attacks. I should have reported the posts, I guess. The original posts still exist as a proof. Whatever person probated me, ignored the rest of the thread. The only reason I didn't complain about the probation is because I could have done better (and if they didn't catch the trolling first, it wasn't likely to happen later), but that doesn't mean I think it was well managed. At least with the new rules, this won't happen again (I hope).

I think the thread was called "South-African Server" or something like that, and every time I logged on I was so close to asking whether the server needs to be black, but I never did. I know this would have been deleted, because of hate speech or some such, but this was a chance one in a lifetime, and I think for the rest of my days I will regret not to have said it.

Spoiler
So, yeah, there you have it. One of the best jokes I ever came up with, behind the back door.
Last edited by Jojas on May 18, 2015, 3:36:15 PM
@Jojas

Nah dude, I've seen some of your other posts - you've had better jokes than that one. It doesn't really make sense anyways :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info