Community News: New Forum Guidelines

"
Content posted should not be more explicit than in-game content.

Players better don't zoom in on certain ingame areas then and post screenshots.

"
Don’t post any content that advocates or makes light of sexual abuse, sexual assault, any other illegal sexual acts, illegal drugs, violence, self harm and suicide.

You realize that characternames can trick others into breaking the rule.
"Kill yourself" meant as "Kill your character" for example.

"
This includes using terms that in and of themselves are offensive to a group regardless of their context.

What about popculture terms such as Social Justice Warrior? It might or might not affect that rule depending on the context.

"
Examples of this would include, "TLDR", "Lol" in response to a question asking for help, "Just keep telling yourself whatever lets you sleep at night.", "Did not read".

Pretty much the new Probation reason #1?

"
Comments that mislead or deceive community members in a harmful way. In particular, players should not quote another player and alter the content of that quote for purposes other than brevity.

I hope this applies to support as well. I have been victim to out of context probation twice and several other users as well.
Example basically saying: "PoE has RMT issues"--->"Please do not promote RMT"+Probation.
I remind you to the retroprobation where people bumped ancient threads with ad hominem comments and the ancient ad hominem poster was put on probation.

"
Bumping Threads - A bump is a post that is made with the sole purpose of pushing your thread to the top of the sub-forum. Trade threads may be bumped once per hour. Non-trade threads may be bumped once per day.

Should imo be a T3 offense. There are already people using alts to bypass certain tradeforuimrules. Responding to each offer for example is also a way to bypass each rule.

"
Rule of thumb for all guidelines - Don't be an egg. Be civil. Don't say things you wouldn't say in a face-to-face conversation.

This isn't a good example several countries have a violent/rude way of speaking.
Australians for example use the c-word very casually.

"
You may create a new thread in the correct forum to discuss moderation action as long as it does not breach the aforementioned guidelines, or it is not targeted at a specific moderator. .

A great improvement.

"
It should apply more to people promoting their own products. For example, if you made a Path of Exile fan site and you wanted people to sign up we'd want to check it out first. If you're just saying, "I enjoyed this game, have a look" it's probably okay. There's a tricky line there, you're right. I'll work on defining that further.

And what about usernames associated with certain brand.

I critisized that decision several times already and requested that the user has his nick changed/Logo redesigned.

There is a username who is associated with a botting brand. He is the owner of this brand.
After that he bought an Diamondsupporter pack and the artists even included his botting brand mascot/avatar/logo in his avatar.
And yes he sells PoE Bots.

What if somebody creates an account named after some softdrink the support pack includes an alt avatar and the avatar includes something associated with the product.
Even the existance of such accounts has the same effect as an Adbanner.

It is said that threads can be locked on the OP's request.
Sometimes, however, we believe that meaningful discussion can still be held on the subject.
What should we do in this case?
"
Sometimes, however, we believe that meaningful discussion can still be held on the subject.

Email GGG.
If a thread is locked at the request of the OP, it's okay for another player to start the discussion elsewhere (as long as it adheres to the guidelines).
Duly noted, thanks Bex.
"
"

Email GGG.

Or just make your own thread on the subject(should be legal since if the other one is locked, it can no longer be considered "active").
"
Hodari wrote:
"
"

Email GGG.

Or just make your own thread on the subject(should be legal since if the other one is locked, it can no longer be considered "active").

Or that. Depends.
A point about "illegal activities", Bex. No country has the same set of laws. My illegal could simply be your frowned-upon. Your legal could be my whoa, you can't talk about that.

A recent example is the topic of Xbox emulation. Emulation software is not illegal in and of itself- distribution of game images is. A topic was locked for discussing the former, and the latter wasn't even mentioned at all.
More on this

Think of this like Gimp vs Photoshop. Gimp attempts to emulate Photoshop, but doesn't outright copy their code. Hence, legal. I could open a Photoshop file in Gimp if I wanted to, because I own the file.

If I were to distribute a copyrighted work by an artist created with Photoshop (or gimp, for that matter), I'd be doing something wrong. Hence, not legal.

Same thing with emulation software. Because I already own a copy of FF13 for XBox360, there is no legal reason I can't open that disc on my PC instead using emulation software. This is perfectly legal. However, were I to upload my copy of that disc to a torrent site (for example), I would be breaking copyright law. It's important to know the difference.

Hell, marijuana is hit and miss depending on what US state you're in at the moment, though it's still federally banned.

I get the spirit, but the letter of your law is murky at best.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on May 18, 2015, 7:07:34 AM
The best forum guidelines I have ever read. Restrictive to assholerey and permissive to everything else, and very clear. Great job, to everybody involved!
Let the exodus begin!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info