Act 4 on a noob's point of view

Hi guys, if I were to convince a friend (long term player of Dota 1&2 and diablo 2, tried poe but quit shortly after scion release) to play poe again with me when awakening goes live, what things should i entice him with?

1. jewels that add deeper customization for our skilldrassil
2. lockstep so lesser desync
3. new gems
4. new uniques
5. higher stat tier and revamp of existing which adds to itemization (?)
6. new area (that mine looking place)
7. new and improved boss battles
8. ?????

your thoughts?
probably stress #2 if he played for any length of time.

but you have 2 months at least to convince him.
Last edited by Jayburner on May 17, 2015, 5:42:37 AM
With his or her own experience of the game. Ccant make people fall in love with a game. I let someone try POE, didnt like it, went back to D3. To each their own.

And the new stuff wont feel new for long, sow why bother with using it as a lure? Besides, all you mentioned isnt even released yet, changes can still happen. Its in beta for a reason.

"
Jayburner wrote:

+1

I'd love to see actual numbers, but my gut feeling is that anyone who is interested in the genre, but didn't like POE... this is the reason.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
don't forget forsaken masters and atziri (plus anything related like corrupted zones/items)
ign : mnyga
Last edited by felhuy on May 17, 2015, 5:55:23 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Jayburner wrote:

+1

I'd love to see actual numbers, but my gut feeling is that anyone who is interested in the genre, but didn't like POE... this is the reason.

Don't get me wrong, i love PoE and think it's the best game ever created in this genre... BUT beside desync:

1. Slow start, like really slow. It takes a few hours to really pick up
2. Freakin' overwhelming, you HAVE to do your research in order to get along
3. "80 fuses no 4L", same with chromes, alts
4. Presentation. Even small titles like Torchlight 2 are more engaging in this regard.

Now 4 won't change, even with the new patch. 1 gets a little bit better, so is 2. 3 also got a little bit better with the Masters, but can still be frustrating.

So, basically: if you do like the game in general, it's getting better and worth checking out, ESPECIALLY with Lockstep. If you hate a certain aspect besides Desync, well, it's still PoE.
Hey, I never said there wouldn't be other turnoffs. I just hear "desync" the most.

In particular, the couple (real life) friends I introduced that played, enjoyed, and left had the same reason. "Lag". We all know what that really means.

I disagree with 2. I had no trouble at all getting myself to maps just on intuition.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Hi guys, if I were to convince a friend (long term player of Dota 1&2 and diablo 2, tried poe but quit shortly after scion release) to play poe again with me when awakening goes live, what things should i entice him with?

1. jewels that add deeper customization for our skilldrassil
2. lockstep so lesser desync
3. new gems
4. new uniques
5. higher stat tier and revamp of existing which adds to itemization (?)
6. new area (that mine looking place)
7. new and improved boss battles
8. ?????

your thoughts?

#2 and that they smoothed the acts. Especially Act2 is not such a pain in the ass anymore like it was before. They way from normal to merciless is still long, but it is way smoother than before. That is something that scared some of my folks away from POE.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I find if it is hard to sell someone on a video game - then it isnt for them.
"
Antnee wrote:
Hey, I never said there wouldn't be other turnoffs. I just hear "desync" the most.

In particular, the couple (real life) friends I introduced that played, enjoyed, and left had the same reason. "Lag". We all know what that really means.

I disagree with 2. I had no trouble at all getting myself to maps just on intuition.

I've heard the "It's not fun/engaging" the most, which can have a ton of reasons. I'd pressume that a lot of people don't even play the game long enough that they get to a point where the "lag" is really hurting them, although that's pure speculation on my end, of course.

Regarding #2, yes ... true. It's possible to get along up to a certain point. I guess that was my own presumption of how the game is to be played speaking, as in min/max to a certain extend and try to have a "strong" character. Of course it is possible to play maps without doing research, BUT i'd say you need to research in order to have a "strong" character. Besides, it's just much easier to just read up certain things than to put them together yourself by trial & error.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info