Seeking Help and advice for my current dualweild static strike ranger

Helle fellow Exile. I'm kind of lost at what should focus on for the next 10 lvl for gear and passif tree.

Soo here is my tree at lvl 65 and I have 4 unspent point. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DhwSxBbUILg5IFr8ZjhutIuoj9iT9JpUqCypNMHEwfDWSNj06Qj8nSshLeExgTZJRR1FMVUtd8mHiYqxsjG1sbqpvnnBScNV3B31bfXV_K4MJhxOJ04w2jX2Nv5Vmm42btZyknaqjiqZ_rEev67GztUi18sM6ykrTftQj1orYvd2o51TndOjW6xTtQe2D7-Pz6v66_94=

I always wanted to make this build a crit claw dual weild vaal pact..but I dont see how it could be better then straight dagger crit (bino's fan incoming)...

an other thing I'm asking my self about is , should I spec into arcing blow ?

anyway if u have any sujestion or advice about my skill tree or how to tune it to be more optimal or just where I should spend my futur point I would apreciate it !

Those are the Item I'm using right now

and those are the one I'm planing about using.
Claws can't even come close to daggers right now. Definitely stick with daggers.

Arcing blows, Ice bite (the cold damage version), and lava lash (the fire damage version) are all terrible wheels. I can't remember seeing a single build that bothered with them in the last year or more. They simply aren't worth spending 3 points on.

Your pathing through the skill tree is pretty solid. Make sure to get the rest of the scion life wheel and duality which is right below that in the next few levels.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
Claws are not good right now compared to daggers. However for 2.0 they are changing leech by reducing life leech rate, claws will have the most nodes that can increase the life leech rate. So the claws will become more valuable in that sense.

I think they also change claw implicit so you can get a lot of life on hit.

If you have some mana leech you can also increase mana leech rate with claw node. With good enough mana leech you will be able to reserve an extra aura/herald more.

They have also changed Reduced Mana to longer work for aura/herald reservation. Instead Enlightenment gem will provide the reservation reduction which will be a bit more powerful than Reduced Mana.

Since you are using attacks that convert X% of PHYS -> Elemental, the best way to scale these are to increase your PHYS. A 20% phys damage node will apply to both your phys as well as the elemental that is converted from phys. A 20% elemental node will only apply to your elemental damage. So for skills like Static Strike, Molten Strike etc. that are all derived from your physical damage it is better to take physical damage nodes. Getting the Shadow phys nodes by the Shadow start are better than getting Arcing Blows or Ice Bite or Forces of Nature or Flash Freeze (new cold node for Ranger).

Also looking at your tree I think you should decide on what weapon you want to specialize and start getting weapon-specific nodes (i.e. dagger nodes) so that you can increase your damage. Don't forget to get Twin Terror nodes for crit if you remain dual wielding.
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 19, 2015, 7:25:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info