ARPGs similar to PoE?

Anyone know of any really good ARPGs similar to Diablo 3 or Path of Exile that are NOT online, or at least have an offline/singleplayer mode? I'd like be able to play while on a long airplane flight or at a hotel.
Already played the following:
- Torchlight series, didn't like it too much since it was too cartoony. I prefer darker themed like D2/D3/PoE
- Titan Quest
Grim Dawn, the spiritual successor to Titan Quest. You can play the game offline/single player mode. If you want to play GD with your rl friends, you have the option to go in multiplayer, and put it in LAN. Of course, that is just an added bonus.

The game is not done yet, Crate just recently added the faction update which includes bounties and etc. The game might finish this year depending how they go with the updates. B26 will include level cap increase to 45, the last part of act 3, and more. There is still act 4, devotion, and other stuff they will add into game further down the road. After release, Crate will eventually release the mod API (not sure what to call it), so you can mod any part of the game and add more contents.

But yea, I recommend Grim Dawn.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on May 16, 2015, 8:40:09 PM
Doesn't Grim Dawn have an offline mode?
Ugh effort
Diablo 2.

/thread
"
aStrayGami wrote:
Doesn't Grim Dawn have an offline mode?

Grim Dawn currently uses Steam for updating the game though it can still be played offline - though you will not receive any updates by doing so obviously.

Once the game is released there will be a DRM free version of the game which you can purchase on the main website which includes both a Steam key which you can immediately use and a DRM free key for release.

The game has offline, LAN, and online though peer to peer (not closed servers).
Last edited by DeMasked on May 17, 2015, 3:04:00 AM
walking on the edge of beeing locked...

Names and links? I thought we might probably be allowed to give hidden hints ...
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Sacred 1, Sacred 2, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 1, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 3 (will be released in few days), Dins Curse, Hinterland, Silverfall, Dungeon siege 1, Dungeon siege 2, Shadows: Heretics Kingdoms, Nox, Throne of Darkness.

There are probably a lot more that I forgot
Last edited by Ragnar119 on May 17, 2015, 8:05:30 AM
As above and also Divine Divinity. I found it to be similar to D2.

Also the sequel, Beyond Divinity. But I remember that one being a bit buggy years ago, although they might have sorted it out since.
I'll third the Grim Dawn recommendation and Din's Curse too.

PoE and GD are just in a class of their own, IMO.

Also interested to see what the Van Helsing guys are up to. Didn't play VH2 that much but what I played was pretty nice.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info