Triple curse RF totem build

Hi guys,

this is a build Idea for the upcoming awakening patch.
The idea is to use Righteous Fire in combination with the Spell totem support gem.
This allows me to skip life regenration nodes in the skill tree and i do not need the rise of the phoenix unique shield. Furthermore the changes to spell totem and totem life should give me a good amount of damage.
To boost the damage I will use a triple curse setup. Flammability and Ele Weakness to keep the enemys fire resistances at a miniumun and vulnerability to boost my damage.
Additionally I will use the ground effect of Arctic breath to chill my enemys, enabling me to use the new hypothermia gem as well as dual Dyadus.

Regarding my mana consumption it next to none. Since Righteous fire has no mana cost, no Mana will be needed for this. A level 1 Ice nova (used for cursing) cost 8 Mana per cast. Arctic breath comibned with chain and gmp is to "pricey" so I use the blood magic support gem to sustain the cost.

pros/cons
Spoiler

pro:

reflect free
totems distract your enemys
few/none unique required to run Righteous fire
close to no mana needed

cons:

small aoe

Passiv tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUA-d1PBIuMm-yK5K9sC2Fo8sau8B_E9jwtEMyiACftg1-DzP6HK7bhcwSzBg63PnsgmjvUfEGH_gr4k4Kbn98J9py-8kXYvew473wNHzrhNZI62IV7PCimV_6PtfIBkScvZlRN426qLdKQVZRvZIQaOHIPcYVmnnrmWOX60mP9wxMWbx0UFy9G11or42qPRiSwo_KboacIQqP31xhq6-6droCkrJh4LxzcmuB8gxJpOljxbHzljxpFnaeUFxxVxjbYWAdTUl5d0f1xeYPbSRsEByqNTLPsVZeVUlM9Xw==

Gems
Spoiler

6l: RF + spell totem + concentrated effect + increased aoe + increased burning dmg + hypothermia

(5l): Ice nova + curse on hit + elemental weakness + flameability + (vulnerabiltiy)
Spoiler
through corupting my gauntlets

4l: CWDT + enduring cry + Immortzal call + increased duration

4l: Arctic Breath + GMP + Chain + Blood magic

3l: vengeance + additional accuracy + fortify + blind

3l: purity of elements + purity of fire + vitality

3l (offhand): 2x vaal discipline + increased duration

The cast when damage taken setup aswell as the vengeance setup shall be my primary source of defence. Fortify granting a 20% damage reduction and immortal call complete physical defense if needed.

Vaal discipline is used to calculate the totem life (see below)

Gear
Spoiler

There are no mandatory items. But several items are good for this build: Fistly a corrupted glove to get a third (vulnerabilty) curse on hit. Further you need a item to get a +1 curse, since the curse jewel will be removed (but hopefully reimplemtented) I will use the windscream boots.

The next decision is your weapon:

Since I want to use hypothermia, my aim is to have my enemys always chilled. This allows me to use the Dyadus unique axe. Each axe grants me 40% increased burn damage taken by enemys when chilled. This effect is added to the damage of vulnerability, but is multiplicative with other mods.
This makes this weapon even better than a doriyanis catalyst (as long as you got more than 322 increased damage from other sources).

Jewels:

The possibly best jewel for this build is the Spire of Stone, granting me a bunch of totem life, any other jewel should also contain totem life to further boost life and damage of my totems.

Other gear:

At the start any 5l breastplate should work just fine. At the end there are two uniques which are interesting: Carcass Jack and Soul mantle. Soul mantle grants you a good amount a damage (via the totem life) but u will get cursed every time your totems die. The better choice in my opinion is Carcass Jack, even though the damage increase is less then with soul mantle the area of effect is vastly increased.

Totem base life
Spoiler

One of the inconvieniences of this build is that there is no tooltip dps and there has been no data on the totem base life, but using vaal discipline (or a revujunation totem) it is possible to calculate the totem base life through the time it is alive while using rightous fire. All you need are the duration your totem can use RF while vaal discipline is active (duration), the fire resistance your totem has (fire res.) which should be the same as your maximum fire resistance aswell as the Energy shield granted to your totem by vaal discipline (ES) and lastly if you are using vitality the amount of life regenerated by vitality

The formula to calculate how much life (of your totem) is lost per second is the following:

Totem life= Duration * [-(tlife*0,9*(1-fire res.))-(ES*0,7*(1-fire res.))+(life*"vitality")+(ES*0,33)]

Either solve the equatation or just use the spreadsheet I have prepared.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZX2GcVSHudBIM4Bd2jOxQuvQvItvhK4bGOgC_iGieUE/edit?usp=sharing

Damage
Spoiler

Dps: Base Life * increased totem life * 0,5 (RF) * 0,69 (spell totem) * 1,69 (concentrated effect) * increased damage * 1,29 (hypothermia) * 2,2 (vulnerability + dyadus)

Totem base life: A level 17 spell totem gem has about 1500 base life currently, but the streams of the awakening beta indicate that the life of spell totems gotten buffed.

Totem life: 100% + 80% (skill tree) + 3X 12% from (blue) jewels = 216% increased totem life

Increased damage: 100% + 393% (skill tree) + 59% (increased burning damage) = 543%

Dps: 1500(lvl 17) * 19,39 = 29,1k

How to keep my totems standing
Spoiler
at least for a while

To increase the duration the totem is active I use three auras. Both purity auras and the 25% base elemental resistance of totems bring the Resis to a cap at 78% (79% with a lvl 20 purity of fire).

Vitality grants the totem a bit of life Regeneration. Altogether the totem keeps standing for about 5 seconds, enough time to curse and call for another totem.

If you like this build feel free to test it out yourself or comment below.
Last edited by schrotti581 on Jun 11, 2015, 1:50:46 PM

Edit: I found a way to calculate the totem life
Last edited by schrotti581 on May 24, 2015, 1:13:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info