😘😍😜😱Women of Video Games 😱😜😍😘

Kreia from KOTOR 2 is one of my favourite antagonists/companions/teachers of all time. Part of it was because her role was so unclear. Even though she was clearly up to something and obviously sinister, she did nothing but help you whether you liked it or not.

She's so counter to everything a typical Star Wars character usually is that she singlehandedly ruined the rest of the Star Wars franchise for me, because she isn't in it.

She's also unlike anyone you ever see in video games because her meta-role is to be someone who questions the Star Wars universe and who hates the way it works. Not many games are confident enough in their writing to have a character whose primary motivation is to question the basic foundations of their setting.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
The only thing that bugged me about elizabeth was the damn cleavage show they put on and her bobos being bigger than pretty much any other char ingame and the fact that she, as a woman, would squeeze herself willingly into a corset.

I cringed so much at...
Spoiler
...the bit where Booker has to help put her corset on after she's had a giant needle in her spine. That must've hurt so much, and she was already out of breath.

For content: Rose of Sharon Cassidy from Fallout: New Vegas. She was the only really "normal" companion as far as New Vegas companions went, but also the most relatable as a person. You meet her early on - actually before you meet Boone, but you can't recruit her until much later. So her first conversation is just meeting her in a bar and chatting with her about what's going on in the wasteland.

I'm massively underselling New Vegas' writing here, but meeting Cass was something that really made the world feel "real" early on.
Gameplay & Level Design
My main problem with questions like these are that game stories tend to be fairly ephemeral in my mind's eye. I love various games to bits but probably couldn't tell you more than who the main characters were.

From recent games I quite liked Ellie from The Last of Us and Amanda Ripley from Alien: Isolation.
Halloween just isn't complete without pumpkin spiced pumpkin.
"
ephetat wrote:
Agreed, Kreia is my favourite game character ever, and I have played a lot of games. She owes a lot of her existence to Ravel, another creation of Chris Avellone (no spoilers) and as a whole represents Chris Avellone's/Obsidian Entertainment's dark, brooding streak, if not outright nihilistic. You will find traces of her in Pillars of Eternity too, if you've played it.

I haven't played much of Pillars yet, but I definitely expect to see a Ravel-figure there somewhere.
Gameplay & Level Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info