Fury Road

"
Ragnar119 wrote:
Saw it, have a mix feeling. Not a huge fan. The visuals look good (not counting the speed up scenes with humans that looks very bad/cheap), especially as most of it are practical effects. But other than that, meh.

Characters, are ok, or better said average. Plot is simple but ok till the half of the movie, the last part is just bad/dumb, and my biggest problem is the movies is way too over the top, a lot more compared to the mad max 2.

Ya who knew a 2015 reboot would be more over the top than a film made on a shoestring budget in the early 80's ;)

Character development..? Really? You know in all 4 Mad max films I think Max has a total of what..MAYBE 30 lines..? Cmon man.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
Saw it, have a mix feeling. Not a huge fan. The visuals look good (not counting the speed up scenes with humans that looks very bad/cheap), especially as most of it are practical effects. But other than that, meh.

Characters, are ok, or better said average. Plot is simple but ok till the half of the movie, the last part is just bad/dumb, and my biggest problem is the movies is way too over the top, a lot more compared to the mad max 2.

Ya who knew a 2015 reboot would be more over the top than a film made on a shoestring budget in the early 80's ;)

Character development..? Really? You know in all 4 Mad max films I think Max has a total of what..MAYBE 30 lines..? Cmon man.

The budget of film doesn have to do anything with how over the top they want to make it. If for original he wanted to make also this much over the top, than I would also have mix feelings about it and I am glad that he didnt, as the movie would probably be a lot worse for me.

And who is talking about max?
Last edited by Ragnar119 on May 27, 2015, 3:40:47 PM
I actually prefer toned down indie stuff so I get what you're saying completely. That being said, I never expected the new Mad Max to be anything but a cool action movie. There are much worse examples of reboots shitting all over our childhood favorites. Have you seen the new Point Break trailer?! Kill me.
Last edited by TheWretch on May 27, 2015, 4:18:46 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Hardlicker wrote:
Just got back from seeing it and loved it, can't wait to see it again.

@Ray - I'm guessing Max's blood brother, either him or the guitarist.

Definitely not the guitarist.

Spoiler
Nux could've just been some 2D crazy, instead of someone who desperately wanted his life (and inevitable death) to have meaning, and found that meaning someplace unexpected.

=^[.]^=

Speaking of which:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHrqLngXc-k

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Speaking of which:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHrqLngXc-k

=^[.]^=

I really enjoyed that. I haven't had a chance to see it again since the first viewing but I can't help thinking back on some of the imagery and techniques used in the movie. Things like the pole dancers for instance.

Witness!!!
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Last edited by TheWretch on May 28, 2015, 9:08:25 PM
^holly s*** that looks sweet!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The game trailer. From what I'd seen, before, gameplay borrow heavily from Shadow of Mordor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWj8Is4K2Y4

=^[.]^=
Someone needs to photoshop the title to furry road. For lols
From the land of new zeal. Just here to stalk the forums.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info