[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

@chridian - I'll add that I'm levelling in HC Perandus and I'm still alive after the Cruel Labyrinth ;)

In general I found it easy enough to level - regen tanks are always fine so long as you focus on +hp gear. For sustaining Incinerate, I was lucky enough to get a http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malachai's_Simula drop at around lvl 12, so I used that to pay for Incinerate with life regen early on - risky but effective. From around lvl41 I switched to a cheap 5L staff to get Mana Leech in early. Switched up to CI at around 60, adding in this awesome drop at 65:

Seriously, that's not getting replaced any time soon ;)

Overall, no issues levelling - currently sitting at 4.3k es with ~900es/s regen. The usual close calls due to RNG from time to time (I'm looking at you, Perandus Chest packs...) and one Alt-F4 when I severely messed up a labyrinth trap :)

In short, go for it, you'll be fine.
Last edited by Gwmngilfen on Mar 13, 2016, 3:50:36 PM
Question about playing in perandus league from zero: I read what the build can do in standard...its amazing..but my question is How far can this build go in end game without expensive gear in a new league? I'm nervous because I don't really want to sink time into a build that really isn't able to go too far into end-game without time (3 months league). That's why I pretty much play the same exact build every league because I know I can get far with that build. whats the minimun level of energy shield required to fight end game bosses and atziri?...im leveling a new character in perandus and dont have expensive super endgame gear....all self found...
"
yissus wrote:
Question about playing in perandus league from zero: I read what the build can do in standard...its amazing..but my question is How far can this build go in end game without expensive gear in a new league? I'm nervous because I don't really want to sink time into a build that really isn't able to go too far into end-game without time (3 months league). That's why I pretty much play the same exact build every league because I know I can get far with that build. whats the minimun level of energy shield required to fight end game bosses and atziri?...im leveling a new character in perandus and dont have expensive super endgame gear....all self found...

As I'm somewhat divorced from the economy in leagues, what do you consider expensive gear?

E.g. would you consider acquiring a 545 chestpiece like the one I self crafted expensive? Is enchanting Elreon maxES enchants on your rings expensive to you (1ex each) [I consider it expensive in Standard, so I assume that is even more so in a league, but on the other hand I don't play the game all that much and it is possible you play so much you don't consider that expensive].

More generally, though, if you intend to play entirely self found and self crafted without buying a single thing, then I'm not sure the flametank is really for you: Buying a quality Incinerate for a few alch or chaos makes such a huge quality of life difference when using Incinerate, and you might not find any Energy From Within, of which you do want two. (And Heck, this is the Perandus league, where you can even sell Perandus coins for chaos and exalted orbs at the moment according to poe.trade)

For what it is worth, when I first fought Atziri I had something like 12K ES and 13.65% ES/s regeneration as far as I recall, and I definitely outgeared her then and could have beaten her earlier, had I dared try, but I had heard she was dangerous so I waited too long, so to speak. On the positive side, that meant that there was a lot of leeway for error learning the encounter so while I died thrice learning it, she did die on my first visit (and every visit since then).

For fighting her with the improved v. 2.2 flametank, you should go Juggernaut-Occultist (stun immunity and endurance charges really useful vs trio and saves you spending 4 skillpoints on speccing unwavering stance, occultist ES regen and maxES boost useful always), which would give you 12.9% (tree) + 1.65% (Vitality) + 1% (Occultist) = 15.55% ES/s regen. And then there's that new Sulphur Flask for 4% extra regeneration on command.

At a guess it should be possible to clear the Apex of Sacrifice at around 10k ES total so long as you know the encounter already and don't decide to facetank empowered flameblasts for fun. (Somebody with better reflexes might be able to do it even earlier).

When I select that round number, it is because it was somewhere around that level the question stopped being, "will I survive this" when facing ever more challenging encounters, changing to "will I be able to facetank this without retreating or using my emergency buttons".
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Can I replace Incin with Firestorm in this build?

How does Firestorm work with EO ?

many thanks.
"
kithe wrote:
Can I replace Incin with Firestorm in this build?

How does Firestorm work with EO ?

many thanks.

Sure. See my answer to Aklyon in this earlier post.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 15, 2016, 7:06:43 PM
Hello there,

First of all i want to thank you for this amazing build ! :)

Really loving it :) Haven't been so immortal for a long time :D

Playing this in PSC and it's really easy to roll. Can easyli go self found, and i'm mostly self found - self made :) Here's my stuff for the curious :
Spoiler

( Got lucky with vagan who gave me poignard, which allowed me to get consuming :D )

Curently got 4.8k ES and nothing can hurt me :D ofc i'm still fairly low..only 66 :) But it looks very promising.

ALso few observations..everything is great but in EO trigger i changed 2nd spell to GMP which makes EO proc way more often ;) And in passives tree there's one more place that may be awesome for 3rd Energy jewel ;) On the lower left side of the tree, there's Juggernaut and Berserker notables, u can get them for just 4 passive points and they would provide 20% ES + 8-12% from jewel ;) for two more points u can get 8% more there ;) so i guess it's really great place to pop one ore Energy jewel ;)
Wicked_Clown
@DjPapaz

Glad to hear you are enjoying the build.

With regards to the lower-left EFW option, it is less impressive than it looks:

Option 1: Barbarism only

The cost here is four skill points for 22% ES, 3% all elemental resistances, 8% fire resistance, 1% max fire, (and 10 STR). That makes 5.5% ES/skill point, but the build already has five free 6% ES nodes, so you could get 24% ES for the four skill points instead.

The build also has three free 5% ES/10% armour nodes and 5% ES/8% armour nodes, which if you are picking nodes less than the 6-percenters are better for the build.

OTOH, if you need more ES and resistances and think that might justify picking the Barbarism and using EFW, then you can spend four skill points in the top-left area to get Faith and Steel, for 19% ES (15% ES +20 INT), 28% armour, 8% to all elemental resistances, and 10 mana (from 20 INT)

In other words, regardless of whether you are looking for more ES or more resistances, there are better options available.

MOREOVER, and at least as important in my view, there is the opportunity cost. By using that slot on EFW you are also paying the opportunity cost of not spending two skill points on a damage jewel or a hybrid damage/ES jewel. And it isn't as if the build isn't already strapped for points. Two points here, two points there, pretty soon we are talking axing major capabilities. :D

Option 2: Barbarism + Juggernaut.

The cost here is seven* skill points for 32% ES, 3% all elemental resistances, 8% fire resistance, 1% max fire, 24% armour, 30 STR, (and 20% increased life recovery from flasks).

ES%/skillpoint is now down to 4.6, which is terrible.

If you really want the extra ES% and armour%, spend 4 skill points to get Faith and Steel, and 3 on getting 5% ES/10% armour. This will give you 34% ES, 8% to all elemental resistances, and 58% armour.

* Unless you are playing an Unwavering Stance variant, tracking down to it from above, in which case the cost is arguable six.
Hello there, thank you for your build.

I've started it early on and so far enjoyed it in new PHC league. But what I'm concerned at the moment is annoyingly low damage output and range on inci (I'm at level 50+ right now). I saw your reply on someone's answer about Fire Storm. But what about other spells? Do you think it could work with something else? What about Blade Fall?
Does anyone in this topic has some video of this build on later levels?
@Sslabak

There are so few skillpoints invested into nodes that favour specific spells since almost all the damage% and cast speed% needs have been passed on to the jewel sockets, that any spell works so long as you get jewels supporting it; Fire spells have a small advantage due to the 40% fire damage acquired along with the 1% life regen in the Arsonist node, but apart from that, the only thing that is spell-specific is the two points invested to get the Sniper projectile node.

I assume you have been using jewels like this?

What is the quality on your Incinerate? Looking at PHC trade, it looks like a medicore 9% quality incinerate can be had for 1c, and a Karui Ward for 1f, which would give you 48% projectile speed, surely enough to help your range issues until you get a decent projectile wand.

EDIT: Any chance you'll make your profile public so I can have a look at your character?
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 16, 2016, 10:05:33 AM
I've been leveling this build in Perandus for about 100h in-game. I've reached 11k ES and 11k peak DPS on incinerate with a 5L. I'm a new player, only having levelled 1 contagion-essence drain character to 80.

With this build I was able to reach lvl 70 easily farming dried lake from 60. Then I completed merciless labyrinth with ~3.5k ES and only Izaros last form proved challenging in the entire run. I took Raider(yes, Raider) as my second baby-ascendancy. The clear speed and survivability of and Occultist-Raider is unmatched. Running maps, it's easy to keep full frenzy charges and gain crazy stats from Onslaught.

My build is still less than an exalts worth. It is worth noting that during my 100h I was able to acquire ~7k coins(just open every "perandus coffer" you come across). I traded ~5k of them for 50chaos.
I found some cheap uniques for less than 10 chaos combined.
Spoiler
The staff is on weapon swap for bosses

Rest I spent for decent gear and now I think I'm in a pretty good spot for trying my first ever Atziri.

Ty for this great build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info