[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

"
Quality on the Mana Leech gem is also of primary consideration here, since it provides up to 50% increased leech rate at q20, which in 2.0 functions as a multiplier on mana gained.

Was this a change that was made in one of the recent patches? It looks like from the wiki, quality only provides up to 10% more leech. Unless I'm misunderstanding something?

I've finally hit the 50's, and I have no sign of slowing down that I can tell. I'm tanky as hell and still deal a ton of damage. Loving this :D Not sure why trolldemort was having troubles.
Last edited by DaLordEtrius on Jan 3, 2016, 11:01:58 PM
@DaLordEtrius

The Mana Leech issue is a case of sloppy writing on my part - something I need to tidy up for next revision, now that it has been brought to my attention. Mana Leech itself provides +38% at level 20, quality 20 provides an extra 10%, so Mana Leech provides up to 48% at q20 depending on level 1-20. (And 50% at level 21, which was what I was using at the time).

Now you bring this to my attention, I can well understand if this meaning does not clearly communicate itself and it is understood as if the quality factor provides up to +50%.

Regarding your own experiences vs. trolldemort's, you probably have a better weapon, better jewels, more links, quality on support gems, or have lower expectations for damage. :D

If there is one thing I'm unhappy about with the build for leveling purposes it is how dependent it is on weapon and jewels. Having a merely decent weapon and decent jewels will easily allow you to do twice or thrice the damage over not having this due to the way the vast majority of the build's damage increases come from the weapon and the jewels, especially during the early game.

(And if you have great jewels, you can do even more than that. I do wonder just how high the damageoutput of somebody with in-game finances much better than mine could get out of this build by slotting in jewels with four useful damage modifiers or three great ones plus energy shield rather than my good jewels, that are mostly of the two good damage modifiers + energy shield or 3 decent damage modifiers type.)
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Ah, I understand now. Thank you. :)

I hadn't realized that jewels were so important while levelling the build. TBH I'd been skipping the jewel nodes simply because I haven't found but a couple of jewels, and they weren't very good.

It sounds like good jewels should be a fairly high priority for this build while levelling, though? I was saving up next for some Energy From Within jewels, but maybe I should save up for some decent damage jewels instead?
Good jewels are crafted, not found. :p

Well, that or traded.

While it is very valuable to have two Energy From Within jewels available the moment one goes CI, there is absolutely no need for them to be expensive high-roll ones. Starting out with 8-10% jewels and then getting better as and when it is affordable is definitely an option. Taking a look at the Talisman league, I can see that the price of low-roll EFW jewels is around or below a chaos at this point in time.

Damage, on the other hand... Assuming for the moment that you don't get any on your rings and amulet, you are limited to the passive tree and its jewels and your weapon. During the entire first act you won't get more than 40% increase (fire damage) from the tree from taking arsonist, and even when the core build finishes taking damage nodes (mostly incidentally) at level 70 with 94 points the tree only provides 40% fire, 28% spell, 30% projectile (and 28% damage over time, only relevant it using Consuming Dark). That makes 98% increase from tree by level 70, plus whatever your weapon and jewels provide, and for at least the first 60 levels or so, you'll never get beyond 56% increased damage from the tree if you follow the recommendations.

But you will get several jewel slots at one skill point apiece, at least three of which are at any time available for damage jewels, so the earlier you get your hands on something useful, the easier it will be.

High roll ES%/useful damage% jewels are expensive, but merely crafting by alt/aug until you get a prefix and suffix from relevant damage increases and castspeed or buying something cheaply with 2 or 3 relevant damage modifiers per jewel can easily provide you 25-35% damage per jewel or some useful combination of damage and casting speed. Again, there is no reason to go for perfection while leveling.

E.g. here is a Talisman query for jewels with 2+ useful modifiers for the build

http://poe.trade/search/hazimosimanoka

Even if one requires three useful modifiers rather than two, which does increase prices noticeably, prices are mostly in the low range of chaos:

http://poe.trade/search/imimosarimohin

It will be seen that there are plenty of fairly cheap ones available, that will make a huge difference to your damageoutput if you are currently relying on those 56% from the tree and some mediocre mediocre weapon.

--

As I said in the guide, I don't consider it essential that people get good jewels while leveling, because the damageoutput from Incinerate even with some mediocre weapon and awful or missing jewels will work well enough, but for anybody concerned about damage or leveling speed it is the first place to look.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
Hello! I wanted to thank you once again for the wonderfully helpful advice! I got rerolled a cobalt jewel I had found until it was useful, and bought a couple from the first link you posted. With just three damage jewels of about 25% bonus damage each, I gained an actual DPS increase of 35%! Things are dying noticeably faster now, and I was already fairly satisfied with the damage output before, so it's just awesome. Both your original post and your openness to dumb newbie questions and advice-seeking are massively helpful and have helped greatly increase my enjoyment of Path of Exile. Thank you!
I have a question, what or where is the mod from on your rings? % to max es? I cant seem to find that anywhere for masters??

Thanks
"
Tricyclethief wrote:
I have a question, what or where is the mod from on your rings? % to max es? I cant seem to find that anywhere for masters??

That is Elreon's 1ex 5-20% increased maximum energy shield mod, which is erroneously listed as 5-20% increased energy shield in the interface for crafting.
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Jan 10, 2016, 2:32:22 AM
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
Tricyclethief wrote:

That is Elreon's 1ex 5-20% increased maximum energy shield mod, which is erroneously listed as 5-20% increased energy shield in the interface for crafting.

Geez i dont know how i missed that, i kept just seeing the plus to maximum Energy Shield. Thanks!
"
8. If you are looking to survive being at ground zero for a nuclear explosion while being AFK, don't read this thread. Read Dy'Ness' ultimate Firestorm tank build, which you can find here, and which was the inspiration for my build.

Is this build weaker than Dy'Ness? And does this mean Dy'Ness would survive a lot more longer than this build.
Lvl 45 right now, playing in HC talisman (cruel) with almost the exact same build as the OP.
Really fun to play and im not having a hard time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info