Questions for beta testers

Chris Wilson and other devs repeatedly said that they want their game to be "more scary", could you please tell me if they succeeded in doing so and how they did it.

Thank you in advance.

Edit:

Or have they just meant the destruction of caster defenses and the aura nerf?
Last edited by vangrandson on May 14, 2015, 3:44:24 AM
Well, Act IV is definitely creepier! Much of it is hidden in the little details; if you dun look closely, you can miss some of it, but it can also have a subliminal effect. After a while, you realize what those little bugs swarming around are, or realize that those dead critters have faces... =@[.]@=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
No. Well, only if you have that tropopo fobia thing in Mines...

Lunaris 3 is still the thing.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Honestly, I kinda feel like they did.
I'm not 10 anymore, I won't feel terribly scared or creeped out because of a game anymore, but they did succeed in giving a creepy dark atmosphere to most of act IV.
Thank you for your replies, and no wonder that no other zone can keep up with lunaris 3, that zone is quiet something. But I have another question, did the game change difficulty wise? If yes, is it harder or easier?
Nothing compares to Lunaris 3. Maybe the areas missing from act 4 who knows. Having said that act 4 is still darker than anything else in POE with the exception of L3.

GGG did a great job
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Act 4 is not scarier or creepier at all... yet. Weaver's spider level, Crematorium, Dread Thicket, Crypt, and Lunaris are much more darkly themed. The four new zones in Act 4 look cool, but don't give off any scary vibes. They haven't even shown us the complete Act 4 yet.

Act 4:
Beautiful fossil reef, Paleontologist Barbie for scale

abandoned mines

Kaom's Lair

Daresso's venue
Well, a part of Act IV isnt released, and that part includes a map called "the Harvest" with bosses like Maligaro or Deodre, so i would say we have to wait a bit
Every time I've heard GGG refer to "scariness" it always meant difficulty; not atmosphere.
I'm pretty sure it's Lunaris 2 now, no?. Hasn't played beta in 2 weeks tho..

The monster in the mines are pretty disgutsing too. My gf didn't want to Watch me while I was fighting to mobs they gave her the creep lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info