Beta Patch, Divination Card Submission, Comics/Shirts and new Unique!

"
MadBro_ wrote:
omg you guys have a problem , every freaking patch gets delayed at least once , every major patch gets delayed twice or thrice .Such bullshit , with this pace we will see act 4 in September .The thing is people got bored already and you are just delaying and delaying and giving beta keys to fake accounts , with just a look to the ladders of the beta leagues you can notice not even half of them are active and you are resolving this by delaying even more and keeping your same sophisticated systems that have let in more bots and fake accounts than real ones.

You do realize this is a free to play game, right? We are talking about a beta here. In a beta you have no right to have any expectations. A beta is about testing and take necessary steps. GGG is doing the most amazing job to ensure the best possible quality and still allowing you to play the game for free. You should be grateful for all the effort they put in this game.

- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
Can someone post ONE flask that grants additional damage for spells/casters? Just about most of the gg flasks that grant extra damage are attack oriented.

And i'm a bit disappointed in the delays. Can we just settle on a release date of August and call it a night?

There are only two flasks at the moment that grants additional damage.

Atziri's Promise
Taste of Hate

They both work with spells and with attacks

Edit: The new flask will only give a dmg boost to melee phys dmg. No spells, Ele Melee, Bow, Summoner, ...
So it's even not attack oriented, only one kind of attacks
Last edited by SkoDo_ on May 14, 2015, 4:28:18 AM
New Flask "Lion's Roar" seems very flavorfull and i like it in this regards.

The flask could be used as an "oh shit - button" when you are surrounded by mobs and you notice you are takning too much damage and push them back and make them flee from you.
30% more physical damage sounds nice and provides indirectly more leech if you arn't already at the leech-cap.

There might be some usefull combinations with "Empires Grasp" gloves for actually "taunting" enemies by pulling them closer to you, which is usefull for party play.

Concerns regarding usefullness in endgame scenarios:
Before hand: this flask might not have been put into the game for endgame usage at all

The chance to flee effect on use is lowering your clearspeed drasticly. Knockback on hit provided during flask effect also is very bad considering you are in a party. In endgame you should be tanky enough to tank all white and most blue mobs (if not, you probably will die easily in many ways in this game). The chance to flee effect has no effect on rare mobs and unique mobs or bosses at all.

Also important to state: This flask can only used once and then all flask charges are gone. against rares and bosses it is basically a simple granite flask which you can only use one time (ok there is the initial area knockback and the knockback on hit for 4 seconds - but those are not that usefull in such situations i feel)

The absolut same mechanical effect of knockback on pressing a button can be achieved very easily with vaal ground slam - multistrike - stun/chance to flee, if anyone wonders (i used it while leveling as melee and it works just fine; when you are starting maps it becomes more and more useless, but vaal groundslam + multistrike is always fun by it's own)

The combination with "Empires Grasp" might provide some very niche use in endgame for some niche builds which could by fun.

when you compare it with "Taste of Hate" it is simply underwhelming. Taste of hate provides the same amount of extra damage, but it is cold damage which is much better in reflect scenarios. Cold damage chills or even can freeze enemies, which is a very huge defensive bonus and the 30% physical damage taken as cold damage is a much more effecitve phyiscal damage mitigation against physical damage as any granite flask could provide. A Romi's Concouction provides block and spell block on top of armour and even a simple granite flask of ironskin can provide more physical mitigation than Lion's Roar.
I can not see why anyone who can afford a Taste of Hate or a Rumi's would use this new flas instead, sry.

And last: Since this flask isn't as usefull in general as a Rumi's Concauction, there will be much whining and hate towards this new flask because whenever a unique granite flask drops and it is not a Rumi's, there will be disappointment.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on May 14, 2015, 4:50:30 AM
waiting for the shirt like "Please, fit me. please, fit me."
Path Of Exile Community Highlights
youtube.com/mireklefou
Flicker has something to say in regard to that flee chance. Lol...
yeah tuesday is witcher 3 release. you couldnt chose a more worse date. well, looks like im back when 2.0 hits live server.
sounds great, i'm so excited about lockstep :D
you don't need to be sorry for that delay! i'm glad you're not throwing out merely finished patches and rather wait a few more days!

that flask looks ... interesting ... :D
at least throw in the new skill gem so people got something to do over the weekend.
"
MadBro_ wrote:
omg you guys have a problem , every freaking patch gets delayed at least once , every major patch gets delayed twice or thrice .Such bullshit , with this pace we will see act 4 in September .The thing is people got bored already and you are just delaying and delaying and giving beta keys to fake accounts , with just a look to the ladders of the beta leagues you can notice not even half of them are active and you are resolving this by delaying even more and keeping your same sophisticated systems that have let in more bots and fake accounts than real ones.

if you enjoy playing half-finished games, you may consider playing EA games or Assassin's Creed. this delay was caused by a very serious and afaik hard to find/fix bug on the live servers.
plus it's a free to play game made by a company that's very young and pretty small.
plus it's a beta so you can't expect it to be finished already
thanks for the update. take your time, I rather get a quality product slightly delayed than some quickly cobbled together one now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info