whats your opinion about divination cards

That is another WTF. We need and demand (yes, since I have been invested in PoE since CB times I can use this word) that core gameplay functions be fixed first before adding more bling and fluff. They are:

1. Desync (get D.L. working but quick)
2. Boss and Champions balanced (get rid of 1 shot death trap damage spikes)
3. Get us to a better trading mechanics (public trade stash or whatever)
4. Give us more than just endgame mapping (so boring! Maybe endgame quests in maps?)
5. Give us a real crafting system (better than the current RNG gambling).

We need GGG to focus and fix the dysfunctional/broken parts of PoE before forging ahead with new gimmicks. Fancy bling and parlor magic won't help if core game mechanics aren't working well.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 17, 2015, 7:46:30 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
That is another WTF. We need and demand (yes, since I have been invested in PoE since CB times I can use this word) that core gameplay functions be fixed first before adding more bling and fluff. They are:

1. Desync (get D.L. working but quick)
2. Boss and Champions balanced (get rid of 1 shot death trap damage spikes)
3. Get us to a better trading mechanics (public trade stash or whatever)
4. Give us more than just endgame mapping (so boring!)
5. Give us a real crafting system (better than the current RNG gambling).

We need GGG to focus and fix the dysfunctional/broken parts of PoE before forging ahead with new gimmicks. Fancy bling and parlor magic won't help if core game mechanics aren't working well.

1. Gonna be fixed soon enough. (typical lack of gamer patience i guess)

2. Then remove one shot mechanics from players as well because its unfair if mobs cant do what players can.

3. Coming eventually.

4. What else is there other than maps to do endgame? Define endgame.

5. What other system would you like?

Why do you think stopping developing the game further is the right way to go? Do you have experience in making video games? They cant stop making new stuff and work on old stuff only because these things take time. They have several people working on all kinds of things, or do you think they work on one thing at a time with the entire team?

They will either create a glut of items/currency unlike anything we've seen yet, or they'll be so rare that we can essentially ignore them. I don't see them finding exactly the right rarity to balance this.

We'll have to wait and see which direction they go. I hope they're conservative, because the nature of this game is to always want more. Take that away and the game's stickiness will drop.
i dont mind them to increase the availability. as long as its nothing like "farm 1 day for shavs/mjolner/etc" it shouldnt break the game
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I don't see the point in cards. The only thing it could possibly end up doing is wreck the value of items in Standard because of oversupply.

Only wannabe wall street traders care about some silly ingame economy. I dont, i want items and i want to slay monsters. Thats all i care about. And the more ways to get items the better. I just really wish GGG would create some themselves as i doubt people that pay to make these cards will make early game or noob friendly ones.
I don't really see the point either. I just want more unique items...not sure why they have to also be cards...am I missing something?
"
pyro861 wrote:
I don't really see the point either. I just want more unique items...not sure why they have to also be cards...am I missing something?

Directed farming, because cards drops in certain areas. Building up towards an unique item as we go -> you do not need that ONE moment of luck, but rather "10" moments of lesser luck.

But, the most important part for me is directed farming. I can farm the places I know these card might drop, instead of hoping that certain unique will drop.

A fine addition to us self found players. Not hyping them too much, tho - as the drop rate probably will be under the floor.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
pyro861 wrote:

Directed farming, because cards drops in certain areas. Building up towards an unique item as we go -> you do not need that ONE moment of luck, but rather "10" moments of lesser luck.

But, the most important part for me is directed farming. I can farm the places I know these card might drop, instead of hoping that certain unique will drop.

A fine addition to us self found players. Not hyping them too much, tho - as the drop rate probably will be under the floor.

I take it as such the cards will facilitate farming spots like there were in D2. POE suffered from the "everything can drop everywhere" for a long time.
"

I take it as such the cards will facilitate farming spots like there were in D2. POE suffered from the "everything can drop everywhere" for a long time.

It seems like you're serious, something that makes me agree with you 100%. I didn't think that was possible. I wonder what else this day has to show me.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
They are completely unnecessary.

If they will make farming shav's or gavel's or similar t1's easier, that's how it is.

This is PoE folks... Capitalism in its purest state.

Some people need to be super poor and that makes some people super rich.

Would you play this game if every single character wearing shavronne's??

I wouldn't.
Last edited by mindrust8 on May 18, 2015, 5:48:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info