Community Survey: Divination Card

My guess is while the cards may drop only in one area for awhile, that will get changed to random locations just like everything else.

Otherwise people will figure out which are the best ones and just farm those areas.

I really don't know why GGG does this, suppose its some sort of 'promotion' type thing for new stuff and probably gives some kind of temporary player retention boost. I'm sure it has some psychological theory backing it, but mostly I find it annoying.

One way or the other, its always the same pattern.

Introduce some feature, call it 'X' (large chests, vaal areas, etc...) and have it spawn more commonly in one area.

The people who like to exploit such things flock there in huge numbers and run the hell out of it.

GGG says people are exploiting 'X' (Gosh Golly what a Surprise that is), and it was never intended to happen (Just somehow managed to sneak up on us yet again!) and now 'X' will spawn randomly so it works like we 'really' ment it to. Oh, toss 'less frequently' in there also.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
"
NotACuckRoach wrote:
"
Toksic wrote:
A deck called Queen of the Vaal/Atziri's Hand/Sacrificial Fate that upon completion grants you all fragments and a chance at normal Atziri. This opens up another option rather than farming for corrupted zones!

While I really like this, it's not possible unless I purchased 4x Highgate Supporter Packs as each Highgate Supporter Pack only grants you the creation of 1 card and not a deck.

Or otherwise, it could only be "Random Fragment Piece of Apex Sacrifice" in that 1 card, and up to RNG's mercy for the exchange. Gulp!☆o(><;)○

It can be one card but you must collect a certain amount of that card to activate it, I think it might have been Carl who said thats how it works.

I see only way how cards start work as reward
Make them droppable only on 100+ quantity maps 76+ lvl with increased chance of card drop from boss kill and average chance from map mobs.
if they make them droppable on regular areas, this areas become insta flooded with 24/7 bots
and if rewards is currency - welp, economy get rekt (GCP case where guys creating areas to find box with maphack and in end findin themselfs sellin 2k gcp whole day on community boards
but, if reward is item, market works like - more same items - cheaper price on that item - grind have sense only in first waves then price drop like atziri flask for example
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Last edited by Doitfrlulz on May 15, 2015, 8:35:24 AM
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
My guess is while the cards may drop only in one area for awhile, that will get changed to random locations just like everything else.

I thought the whole idea of divination cards is to have specific zones drop specific cards, so you can farm those zones. I.e. you really want a shavs, but play solo-self-found. You know there's a div card for a shavs that drops on the ledge. So you just farm the ledge and hope for these cards to drop. It's basically a way of lowering the rng gate.

"
Each card type drops in specific areas of Wraeclast, so careful choice of where to play allows you to maximise your chances of obtaining the desired item.

"
Once we've mutually decided a name, flavour text and reward item, we take over the process. We'll create art for your card, balance its rarity, determine how many you'll need to complete a stack, and assign it to drop in specific locations. It's important that these decisions are left to us because they're integral to the balance of Path of Exile.

Doesn't sound like they're planning to change the locations frequently...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on May 15, 2015, 10:39:46 AM
Lets have this conversation again a week or two after the cards are in the game.
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
Lets have this conversation again a week or two after the cards are in the game.

what i dont get is this: I thought the forms werent out yet to create cards. and cards are ONLY created by the users who donate the big get. So how will there be cards in the beta? Place holders?
Emperor's weapons. T1 Hybrid blues are always in huge demand with the way master crafting works. If it's just a blue with 1 mod, the cards don't even need to be very rare. Sure, the aug/regal can brick, but it's an interesting one that doesn't have to be rare.
What about a divination card that adds portals to your maps? Maybe in a different color, just "enterable" by the player who used the card(s)?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:

what i dont get is this: I thought the forms werent out yet to create cards. and cards are ONLY created by the users who donate the big get. So how will there be cards in the beta? Place holders?

There probably won't be any cards in the beta. I'm not sure they'll even be in the release of 2.0. I'd guess it'll roll out more like Grandmasters did.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
"
NotACuckRoach wrote:
"
Toksic wrote:
A deck called Queen of the Vaal/Atziri's Hand/Sacrificial Fate that upon completion grants you all fragments and a chance at normal Atziri. This opens up another option rather than farming for corrupted zones!

While I really like this, it's not possible unless I purchased 4x Highgate Supporter Packs as each Highgate Supporter Pack only grants you the creation of 1 card and not a deck.

Or otherwise, it could only be "Random Fragment Piece of Apex Sacrifice" in that 1 card, and up to RNG's mercy for the exchange. Gulp!☆o(><;)○

It can be one card but you must collect a certain amount of that card to activate it, I think it might have been Carl who said thats how it works.

This! ^ I didn't mean deck. One card and say you need 4... Turn them in and bam!
noun: escapism

the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info