Mothers Day Prank - How to mess up a 13y/o

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Next level messed up :(

She handled it pretty well. I think I would have preferred her to MMA the shit out of someone though.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on May 12, 2015, 7:48:55 PM
Now that's just wrong.
At least she got a bit of a chuckle out of it, but im sure at the end of the day she's left with nothing but disappointment and a feeling her sorrow was made fun of.
They could have done the prank while still introducing the mother after it.
Still poor taste, but would remedy it.
Wonder where her mother is, if still alive.
with that said she definitely handed it well. better than I would have, Im sure.
Oblivious
Remembered, when I was young, there was a program in my country called "Ponto de Encontro" (meeting point), where they would seek people out and reunite long-lost family and friends.

I guess at the time there was more of an audience as in the times of my grandparents there was great poverty and a big chunk of the country migrated in order to improve their life, still, it would be nice to see such a program to make a comeback. Im sure some poorer countries would have a market for it.

Some would say it was of poor taste as it exploited people miseries, but I disagree since the program clearly brought a lot of happiness to those that were on the show.
Yes you saw people crying, but they cried of happiness.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 12, 2015, 9:07:55 PM
We've got a show in NZ like that, it was called "Missing Pieces" or something I think.

Sure, they do the business as far as trying to reunite people ... but it still feels cheap and exploitative. They always tend to play up The Drama (DRAMA!) too much.

>Cambodian humor
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The real tragedy:

"A tearful Autumn told the presenters how she was separated from her mother when she was six and her father moved her from the United States to Cambodia."
"
We've got a show in NZ like that, it was called "Missing Pieces" or something I think.

Sure, they do the business as far as trying to reunite people ... but it still feels cheap and exploitative. They always tend to play up The Drama (DRAMA!) too much.

Well, dunno, how that program worked, but in the case of the program in my country it did not seem to exaggerate it, it was basically:

-presenter talks about the cases that we are going to see today
-presenter interviews person, asks about their story (sometimes we see pictures or videos related)
-the relative/friend enters, they have a sweet reunion
-presenter asks how they feel before finishing the segment

Though it might have been more important that in this case, the presenter was a caring old man who used to calm anxious people and never rush things, some would say that the program would not have been such without him, he died in 2004 and it made national news at the time, everybody remembered him fondly

Oblivious
self edit lol
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on May 14, 2015, 10:24:55 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
>Cambodian humor

Was watching this on tv when it happened, and yes, sadly a lot of Khmers have a pretty messed up sense of humor and I don't have a good explanation for why. For me the worst part of seeing it on tv was the crowd's reaction, and the fact that I wasn't even surprised by it. I've had a nice 12 years or so here but I'm probably going to be moving on soon. I want to live somewhere where this kind of shit isn't normal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info