Maybe I missed a vehicle that better suits my needs?

Basically I wanted the 2016 Civic Coupe but after more thought I need a vehicle good in the snow too, as that's what I'll be driving in a nice chunk of the year.

So, right now I really think the 2015/2016 Subaru Outback is my best choice. It's great in the snow according to reviews and comes with a lot of stuff standard even on the base model, which is what I'd probably get.

I'm trying to keep the total price of a vehicle I'll save up for at $25,000 USD tops, the 2015 Subaru Outback meets this requirement pretty close also.

Maybe someone knows of a better choice? or a cheaper one with a similar setup?

What I'm looking to buy is:

- Brand New
- Good in Snow
- $25,000 USD or cheaper

Preferably:

- Good gas mileage
- Somewhat stylish
- If it has rear seating, good legroom for rear seats.

So far I looked at most the major car manufacturer websites but maybe there's something that will come out this fall I missed or something I missed anyways?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on May 12, 2015, 5:21:46 PM
I love Volvos in the snow, they're tanks but a new one is a little out've that price range
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I have a soft spot for the Toyota Hilux, and their new concept looks pretty bad-ass. Mileage ain't too bad, when compared to an American truck of the same versatility.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
TheWretch wrote:
I love Volvos in the snow, they're tanks but a new one is a little out've that price range

Yeah, I didn't realize it at first but a lot of stuff is out of that price range lol

I have bad credit from a bankruptcy, although it's getting better since I recently got a credit card to make payments on. So basically I'm trying to save up for a larger down payment to make sure I get approved for the loan. I also want to get a new car preferably by the end of the year so I am not restricted to the family vehicle anymore.

I'll take a look at Volvo though, since I haven't actually looked there yet.

"
I have a soft spot for the Toyota Hilux, and their new concept looks pretty bad-ass. Mileage ain't too bad, when compared to an American truck of the same versatility.

From a quick google search I don't think that's sold in the USA :/
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on May 12, 2015, 5:32:18 PM
Bugger :(

Subaru Outbacks are pretty good. I've had some bad experiences with the turbo versions of their cars (some of them will run for years and years without hassle, but my old Campus manager had a twin turbo legacy that just keep blowing turbos, and I had a WRX briefly that kept shitting itself).

How about a Ford Focus RS?

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on May 12, 2015, 5:39:17 PM
^ that things a beast.
"
Bugger :(

Subaru Outbacks are pretty good. I've had some bad experiences with the turbo versions of their cars (some of them will run for years and years without hassle, but my old Campus manager had a twin turbo legacy that just keep blowing turbos, and I had a WRX briefly that kept shitting itself).

How about a Ford Focus RS?

Being a sportier type car, is it still good with snow?
To be good in snow you need good snow tires. Put good snow tires on a awd car like a subaru and you're golden.
"
Xenocidius wrote:
To be good in snow you need good snow tires. Put good snow tires on a awd car like a subaru and you're golden.

Good winter tires are key. All seasons just wont cut it. AWD is just icing on the cake. Rear traction is a bitch but anything else with a good set of tires should be fine. Unless you cant drive in snow, its an acquired skillset.
I owned a subaru and the 4x drive does in fact do very well in snow. Very good overall handling in all conditions. What was surprising was that it drank a lot of gas. More than I expected. This was a 1997 Outback though mind you. I drove it until the year 2006.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on May 12, 2015, 9:48:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info