"The Void" VR Theme Park

Thing is, unlike a video game, a theme park is limited in how many warm bodies it can accommodate at a given time. That means that, on a per-player basis, ticket prices are gonna haveta be pretty high, while time in game might be too short for those of us used to no-lifing what we play. Think about those old laser tag venues with long lines, short timers, and big fees, then double it (more likely, square it or cube it). ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It looks cool but as Ray said, it looks expensive for all parties involved. I will make the assumption that these will be very quick VR scenarios - much like a professional haunted house. I'd try it - but I wouldnt expect too much out of it.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on May 12, 2015, 1:31:36 PM
Well, hopefully they're competent businessmen, and did a cost-analysis before proceeding to the construction phase and figured out a way to build it so that the price of admission will be consumer-friendly.
The construction is probably the cheap part. The programming and equipment on newer tech would be really expensive. And once you and your friends have killed the dragon 4 or 5 times, who happens to die the exact same way each and every time irregardless of what you do with your staff of power, might get a touch old.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info