A sad story

I was having lots of trouble playing the game, and no matter how much I adjusted the settings, it would lock up and either cause me to die or get kicked to the login screen.

I decided to clean the guts and take out my card for inspection. When I got it out, the fan just fell right off. Apparently it had broken some time ago, and I'm guessing the occasional freezing was due to overheating -___-.

So now I have no video card, or maybe I do. I'm not going to put it back in because I don't want anything else to break. At least I can still surf the internet, but the bad news is I can't play POE (or any other games for that matter) until I get a new card.

It was a fun and frustrating 6 days. I just wish I could give my key to someone since I won't be using it anymore. I need my account info, though, so don't ask.
you have the best luck with computers that I do it shouldnt be to painful to replace, hopefully you can
Cry me a river, go buy a new video card!
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
Last edited by necromuso on Nov 22, 2011, 2:05:10 PM
I spent $100 and got a new video card and some RAM.

Went from 1G to 3G and updated the card by about 6 years. That's a decent upgrade for $100 imo.

Should be here in a couple days. Hopefully I can run POE on something a little better than absolute minimum :)
Sounds annoying... I dont think I would put it in the category of sad though xD

Hope your game works better after the upgrade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info