Was there a patch within the last 48 hours that I'm unaware of?

I emailed support, but seeing as it is after 3 AM in New Zealand, I don't anticipate a quick response time (understandably so). I opened my client.exe last night and the client began to download a patch. After over an hour, I lost my patience and closed the client, re-opened it, and voila, the game opened immediately without patching further.

Now as I sit, about 15 hours later, I'm experiencing a repeat of history. The client is currently patching at an abysmal 500kb per second. I anticipate another hour+ of downloading before being able to run the game again. So my question is this: was there an actual patch implemented within the last 48 or so hours or am I experiencing some other issue? Perhaps my Content.ggpk file is becoming corrupted?

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on May 12, 2015, 11:17:51 AM
there is always a patch...
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
You might be downloading the beta client and then re-loading the regular client... typically you can't run both.
"
kolp wrote:
there is always a patch...

Thank you for that highly informative and enlightening response!

I did in fact receive a reply from Gary who confirmed that their was a patch this week, but he didn't specify when that patch was and I had already patched once this week. So, I'm not entirely certain where I stand at this moment. I appreciate the prompt and courteous response from GGG as always though. I'm tempted to email him again, but I figured that a user could just as easily provide me with the information since it should be common knowledge...

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You might be downloading the beta client and then re-loading the regular client... typically you can't run both.

I actually have not attempted to run the live client since prior to getting my Beta key (the day before the last wipe), so I'm not sure if the patch updates when there is an update to the live client as well? The last posted patch for the beta client was a few days ago in which the Reduced Mana change took effect, which is why I'm a little baffled here and looking for clarification.

"
Qarl wrote:
I am rolling out a patch to fix the limited to 1 Jewels not working.

This is not a wipe.

Just noticed this was posted about 13 hours ago, so perhaps this is what I'm experiencing at the moment...

If so, it's really dragging out at 32% downloaded over the last 45 minutes, but hopefully it will finish soon...
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on May 12, 2015, 11:49:37 AM
You could always read the news section which... I won't spoil you!
Should be posting in the beta forums then. The patches there are on a different schedule.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on May 12, 2015, 12:04:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info