Past supporter packs

I think it would be fine if you could upgrade only to a certain point on past packs. Basically, as long as it only includes MTX stuff it's ok, but if you want signed art or to submit something into the game you're out of luck.

Though I kind of feel like stuff from before the game came out of Beta should probably be left hands off, even as someone who is new myself.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
But could I upgrade my closed beta supporter to a silver supporter? I just couldn't afford it back then, but now I can.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I think it would make great sense to allow people who already have a pack from a now closed supporter pack sale to upgrade their packs, they may not have had the money for it at that point while they might have it now. There shouldn't be any problems from a hipsters perspective since those people were at the time eligible as well as the others who have the more expensive ones.

I do not however think that people should be able to start a purchase on old packs if they had no account at the time or if the do not already have one title they can upgrade on.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps in some way. :)
Draeke, 42 HC Marauder died from a one shot... First HC char.
"
Raxorflazor wrote:
I think it would make great sense to allow people who already have a pack from a now closed supporter pack sale to upgrade their packs, they may not have had the money for it at that point while they might have it now. There shouldn't be any problems from a hipsters perspective since those people were at the time eligible as well as the others who have the more expensive ones.

I do not however think that people should be able to start a purchase on old packs if they had no account at the time or if the do not already have one title they can upgrade on.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps in some way. :)

+1
#NeverGoing90
I can understand that you want to UPGRADE one of your older packs from that era, that i can agree on.
- But beeing able to buy legacy packs is a big fucking no.no.no.

- I would even concider getting Dimond if that was opened up as a option for me. (especially since my old computer decided to break down 1d pre-packremoval, so i had to spend all my cash on a new one and only managed to get a Silver pack back then... oh well)

However, i do not feel that new players should be able to obtain those things that are already long-gone.

I love the legacy status on the pixels of my ranks / effects.

^Best investment evurrrrrrr!

<Edited by support>
zzZzzzZzzZz
Last edited by Eben_GGG on May 24, 2015, 1:29:16 PM
GGG doesnt allow for legacy pack upgrades.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
In my opinion GGG should not allow either purchasing or upgrading legacy packs. Of course this is easy for me to say as an "old" supporter, but I also think there is some important history to the first packs - especially the closed beta ones.

People who purchased diamond supporter packs (particularly in the beginning) literally spent a thousand bucks on something which could turn out to be a complete "failure". Back then the game was still known only to few, and those who purchased the packs were not just buying fancy MTX or some item-design - they invested in something they hoped would materialize as a success. This is not to discredit the newer supporters (or packs), but I think many people fail to understand the dynamics that were at work back then.

Having said all this: I doubt it will ever happen - especially as all packs have always been sold under the promise of "this is your last chance to buy...".
"
ThunderG0d wrote:
In my opinion GGG should not allow either purchasing or upgrading legacy packs. Of course this is easy for me to say as an "old" supporter, but I also think there is some important history to the first packs - especially the closed beta ones.

People who purchased diamond supporter packs (particularly in the beginning) literally spent a thousand bucks on something which could turn out to be a complete "failure". Back then the game was still known only to few, and those who purchased the packs were not just buying fancy MTX or some item-design - they invested in something they hoped would materialize as a success. This is not to discredit the newer supporters (or packs), but I think many people fail to understand the dynamics that were at work back then.

Having said all this: I doubt it will ever happen - especially as all packs have always been sold under the promise of "this is your last chance to buy...".

Well its to bad they wouldent reconsider for a one last chance.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
the old supporter packs are where the belong in the past, we cant just necro old supporter packs

I mean how many rulers of wraeclast do we want lol
I dont see any any key!
Heck all I want are the weapon effect's and pet's
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info