Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

Ironic how this only happened to people with MTX, aka people that paid money to support this game, and now you're telling us that you won't restore this? Good luck getting supports from now on, 100% positive the guys who lost
Mirrors and Shavs will cash out, then recharge their micro transactions. Have fun losing all your support and big money players
I'm sure this happened to my unique Tiger Sword in the one month league, it disappeared from my stash. Lucky for me, that sword is one of the many garbage uniques in this fine game.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
greg2367 wrote:
so GGG, you can MANUALLY, INDIVIDUALLY restore player characters that died to your own 'bug' of carrion queen damage value(s), but you are now refusing to restore players' items that were literally deleted solely by your own mistakes, through no fault of the players themselves? Hell, they didn't even have knowledge of it, let alone fault.

Chris was right, you guys DID set a dangerous precedent when you restored those characters. Now you're all hypocrites, RIP.

I love you guys, always have (and you even fixed desync, something I thought impossible even for you guys!), but this is just inconsistent, unprofessional, shameful behavior.

final verdict:
0/10

You understand that the logging of those two events (character death vs. item deletion) is totally different right?

People also need to realize that "deletion" means deleted from memory, be it via /destroy, dropping in town, selling to a vendor, being in an instance when it despawns, etc. We don't know what their logging fully looks like, so commenting on it is asinine. It's also asinine to say they should have set logging up "in case this random glitch causes tiny bits of memory to be set to 0" AND that that is even possible.

To people thinking that GGG did this maliciously, or makes comments like "I hope they leave our other stuff alone", just wow. You really think GGG ever wants to make it less fun for people to play their game?

Folks that think GGG is lying about their logging/ability to restore items: get off the forums. If you don't believe what GGG says, there's really no point in being here.

People who don't want to support anymore: that's your right. I think you're stupid, but it's your right. GGG works damned hard to make a great game, talk to their players, listen to their players, and be up front with what's going on in their Dev world. They also happen to be human, which means shit happens. It's how they handle that shit that defines the company. If you think GGG is bad, I think you need to set more realistic expectations. Call Comcast or something and then tell me GGG is bad.

You can call me stupid if you want, but GGG could have easily said "we will work hard to try and differentiate legitimate item deletions, and deletions due to the memory corruption that happened because of our mistake. please message support if you are missing items."

But they specifically just said that they are intentionally and categorically doing nothing.

If you think that's the right way to handle this, speak up again and defend it, instead of just calling people "stupid".
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Seriously, most of the people posting on this thread to express their "outrage" weren't even directly affected.

Haven't ya'll anything better to do than get worked up over an "injustice" on an online game forum? Plenty of real injustice in the world to apply your energies to. This nonsense just makes y'all look like a buncha goobers. =0[.]o=

You dont need to be affected directly to care about possible dangers. It is how our life works, RL or VL. IF you see in RL someone losing his belongings for no reason, you automatically think "oh shit, I could be the next". Or not?
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
"This issue has now been fixed."

But if i have lost any items or MTX i can't get them back?

We REALLY NEED that "recover all MTX" button, so we could at least know we don't have our MTX lost in our storage. Please make it happen.
Last edited by Zophronios on May 12, 2015, 8:49:16 AM
It's kinda ironic, people paid real money to support GGG and GGG gives a "sorry but fuck you" as answer after people lost their costly items, i don'teven know but it surpassed already the meaning of "ironic".

As for me i'am glad i was not affected and this situation teached me a lesson for the future, i learned a lot especially how GGG handles such situations.

I feel deeply sorry for the folks who spent days/weeks/months to get their items and who lost them in a blink.
- Best Signature Ever -
You should compensate the 300 poor souls with
haha

I'm just kidding, I know you guys have the best of intentions and the bug is fixed, which is all good.
"
Samwell_Tarly wrote:
You should compensate the 300 poor souls with
haha

I'm just kidding, I know you guys have the best of intentions and the bug is fixed, which is all good.

you sir, just made my day =))
Just FYI for folks it did NOT only affect the latest supporter packs.

Our guild has various currency missing, a piece of gear we were crafting wouldn't let us apply currency any more at 5 mods.... ( damn it has a beautiful base... such a loss ).

The list goes on. I tried my best to post in dozens of threads yesterday warning people to NOT LOGIN until something official came out from GGG.

In hindsite what the community should be demanding is a news flash at the main page when there are "known" issues of this magnitude. Sure the player count would have dropped drastically but I think most of us don't appreciate the lack of communication; which unknown to us made us play Russian Roulette with our gear and items.

Oh and that 300 items count..... HAHAHAHA yeah right!!! no way in hell it's that low unless we are down to only 2000 players.

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
So if GGG are able to tell when an item is deleted, why not just restore any requested item that was deleted? Why would anyone delete something valuable intentionally? It holds no benefit. If a few mistakenly deleted an item and use this system to claim it back then whatever, so be it. No harm done. Blizzard for example have an automated restore system and also manually restore deleted items that don't work within this system. There's no harm in accounting for peoples mistakes. It's called good customer service.

It seems like they have basically said "we can tell if an item has been deleted" but..you might of deleted your extremely rare item intentionally, so we can't return them. Tough luck!

I feel we have enough information about the situation to go ahead and say they they cannot be bothered to sift through logs and check multiple false reports to actually find the real ones. We get that you're busy with the Awakening but honestly the proper thing to do would be to delay the Awakening for another week if need be and spend the time fixing your mistake. Make it clear that false claims will not succeed, will not be tolerated and may result in punishment.

Don't even get me started on the people who still have their item. It's very, very obvious that this was not of their own doing. For example the data corrupted Shavronnes, that's literally impossible for a player to do themselves and there's honestly no excuse other than sheer laziness not to fix that.

P.S I have no idea if I was affected or not, I haven't lost any MTX's but I can't speak for items as it's quite possible I simply wouldn't notice them missing.
IGN: Adrastos (Betrayal)

Shaper/Uber Service:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289614
Last edited by infinityi on May 12, 2015, 8:27:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info