2D/3D Art for generic items

I am aware that the development team must have a lot on their hands, specially with the beta of Act 4 in full test and all the related work involved.

I know this subject has, probably, been asked time and again, but...

When will all weapons and body armour, gloves and boots across the different tiers, will get specific 2D/3D art like helmets have?

It is very tiresome to see repeated 2D/3D art across the evolution of your character. As an example, Glorious Plate having the same shared 2D/3D art as Majestic Plate and Lordly Plate.

Can any of the developers shed some light to indicate if they are or are not working on it. I am not asking for a release date, just some info if it is being taken care of or not.

Thank you for any information.
Last edited by Aymar_de_Bois_Mauri on May 11, 2015, 4:15:29 PM
Yes they have, you can google your question and the topic will come up on forums. You will get the same response, "costs money."
its me solwitch... This is my split personality. This is a more kinder gentler persona.
Twitch.tv/guyarmani

-everyone aspiring to be a game designer should really listen to PoE podcast!!!
"
exilione wrote:
Yes they have, you can google your question and the topic will come up on forums.

I have been unable to find such a reply from the developers.

"
exilione wrote:
You will get the same response, "costs money."

Well, that is a non-answer. Everything in development costs time (and therefore money) for the developers, from tweaking the code, to balancing the skills in leagues, to developing new content, etc...

2D/3D Art is not different. Time-consuming, yes. Pointing at it as the "thing" that "costs money", is silly.
It's not like that there ain't talented 3d creators on the web.

Can't be that hard to find some peeps for that particular job (aka outsourcing).

My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on May 17, 2015, 5:39:07 PM
"
Diablo1reborn wrote:
It's not like that there ain't talented 3d creators on the web.

Can't be that hard to find some peeps for that particular job (aka outsourcing).

I agree. It really shouldn't be.

On the other hand, I believe that exilione was correct in regard to the reason. It is really related to money. But not in the way he referred.

It must have more to do with the Microtransactions for Armour. If the players find their looks repetitive/bland they can be steered into buying the cosmetic 2D/3D armour art. And those give money to GGG, contrary to the normal items' 2D/3D art.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info