Aura Change Feedback and Suggestion

I like the change of removing the need for reduced mana.

I don't, much like others like the change to basically move it to enlighten. Yes we have reduced base mana cost to somewhat make up for it, but its not complete.

Instead, why not make quality auras reduce less mana. Either change the multiplier it has or reduce the %, I care not how you do it only that you make quality auras actually useful.

Yes the AoE is better with the QoL no line of site change, but why keep quality auras so "dumpster"

Its more balanced then enlighten because:

A) Doesnt require a gem, much like the whole reason to change it from reduced mana.
B) Makes quality auras actually worth something.
C) Helps improve the value of GCP
D) With the level change to increase the XP to level 20 by almost 3 times and reduce earlier levels the GCP recpie wouldn't be too strong on it.

E) Keep the quality on heralds the same, since they arent auras.

Edit: just to make it clear to people that won't read the whole thread but just the first few post, enhance can't work with auras because it has a mana multiplier, which defeats the whole purpose of my suggested solution.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on May 13, 2015, 10:13:56 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

From blue to green, otherwise the same.

I personally would like more interesting quality bonuses on auras, but I feel the bonus should be specific to each aura.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 10, 2015, 1:49:11 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Did you forget about Enhance?

Actually yes.

So I guess the problem would be if they put the rest of the reduced mana onto the quality part people that have a high level enhance could run even more auras.

There is 2 parts to this.

1) Does it really matter? Builds that can afford multiple level 4 enhances could afford multiple enlightens as well. So maybe they can get an extra aura out of it if they have the slots?

2) Or they could just make it not work with auras if its such a big deal.

This is why we can't have nice things like quality auras that actually matter....

FeelsBadMan

My edits to previous post are done now. :3
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

From blue to green, otherwise the same.

Except not the same. If you have the option to keep your sockets colors working still, have another option aside from this gem to reduce the mana (aka invest into gcps) then you can get the same effect.

Perhaps the best idea is just do quality of auras cannot be increased past 23 (vaal quality)

FeelsBadMan

Chris said back in 2012/13 that quality on auras is area for a reason, that solo players exploit (or abuse, can't recall) auras enough.

I don't think his views on either auras or solo play has changed.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Chris said back in 2012/13 that quality on auras is area for a reason, that solo players exploit (or abuse, can't recall) auras enough.

I don't think his views on either auras or solo play has changed.

that's funny...considering most of gameplay in PoE is solo. I guess we're not supposed to use all these auras to buff ourselves...

on a more serious note, auras are fun and make many builds possible. They can increase max res, increase dps, and survivability. If you take that away from us, what are we left with?
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on May 10, 2015, 4:29:18 AM
I dislike the idea altogether. I think it confuses and complicates an already good thing. Reduced Mana does exactly what the name says, but if you need different gems just for auras when auras DO use mana it's just extra confusion and unnecessary. Just give gems of a certain type set mana rates and be done with it. If anything, add some nodes to enhance the mana costs of auras. Or make the aura's quality do something to that effect. But removing the ability to reduce mana cost on a gem called "Reduced Mana" just seems so out of place.

If it's not broken don't fix it because if you keep messing around with the things that are tried and true eventually it will get so broken it won't be able to be fixed anymore.
"
Skav wrote:
I dislike the idea altogether. I think it confuses and complicates an already good thing. Reduced Mana does exactly what the name says, but if you need different gems just for auras when auras DO use mana it's just extra confusion and unnecessary. Just give gems of a certain type set mana rates and be done with it. If anything, add some nodes to enhance the mana costs of auras. Or make the aura's quality do something to that effect. But removing the ability to reduce mana cost on a gem called "Reduced Mana" just seems so out of place.

If it's not broken don't fix it because if you keep messing around with the things that are tried and true eventually it will get so broken it won't be able to be fixed anymore.

Well people are kinda link\socket starved right now, I think the reduced mana change can go a long way if they dont just move it to another gem. Hence why I made the post about changing it so quality is actually useful on them. They would be similar to the current iteration of them without it, so builds can still function, but if you want that extra herald or aura you would have to invest into quality auras and the tree.

I don't think GGG is going to budge on the reduced mana situation, nor should they IMO, just make quality auras better and not make enlighten required for auras in endgame scenario. They can knock out 2 birds with 1 stone with my suggestion.

FeelsBadMan

"
Reduced Mana does exactly what the name says, but if you need different gems just for auras when auras DO use mana it's just extra confusion and unnecessary.

If someone were new to the game, can you guess what they think Reduced Mana will do first and foremost? It would most likely be reducing the cost of casting a spell.

Reducing the cost of mana reservation? People may make the connection, but not always.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info