Sadness/Shock/Horror and some positive things

I woke up this morning with a little smile on my face, time to continue my journey towards normal Dominus and beyond..

Loaded the game, almost made it from Sarn to the Warehouses, boom. DC'd.. then after 15 tries i finally get the Marketplace waypoint, before investigating the issue.

Turned out that my ISP has some major issues and there is constant ~50% packetloss between their gateways.

So the story of my day has been that i get DC'd every 3-15 minutes and it's really painful to progress in the game.

And the positive things?
Well after ~100 DC's my /deaths has only been increased by 1.
I've Dc'd on Igna, Magnus, rare hasted extraprojectile Voidbearer and the only thing that killed me was a Viper Strike just when my game frozed.
So overall PoE's DC protection, or whatever you call it, is very good (atleast when the client has been lost)

Other good things are that the orbs are mounting, and since it seems that getting SoG's waypoint is impossible, i keep facerolling Docks and watch the Alts stacking up... :D

Hope your race is going better.
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
I woke up this morning with a little smile on my face, time to continue my journey towards normal Dominus and beyond..

Loaded the game, almost made it from Sarn to the Warehouses, boom. DC'd.. then after 15 tries i finally get the Marketplace waypoint, before investigating the issue.

Turned out that my ISP has some major issues and there is constant ~50% packetloss between their gateways.

So the story of my day has been that i get DC'd every 3-15 minutes and it's really painful to progress in the game.

And the positive things?
Well after ~100 DC's my /deaths has only been increased by 1.
I've Dc'd on Igna, Magnus, rare hasted extraprojectile Voidbearer and the only thing that killed me was a Viper Strike just when my game frozed.
So overall PoE's DC protection, or whatever you call it, is very good (atleast when the client has been lost)

Other good things are that the orbs are mounting, and since it seems that getting SoG's waypoint is impossible, i keep facerolling Docks and watch the Alts stacking up... :D

Hope your race is going better.

Ive never been killed from a DC in this game and i also learned that if your client crashes and it pops up the little window that POE has stopped responding... if you click close quickly enough you wont die from that either! But when the client crashes it does keep you in the game until you close the client out!
Which of course will result in a death!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
You're both very lucky. I've died tons and tons of times from DC (I blame my ISP also, not GGG) and it's not fun at all. I really have the worst luck, because it always happens when I encounter a rare or boss I need be very careful around - then FREEZE then death screen :( Can't play this game without a reliable internet connection, it really is mandatory.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
youve lucked out. if im leveling ive died maybe 25-40% of the times that ive dc'ed. maybe its due to build differences...

in the last 1mhc i had 2 deaths...lvl 18 and 75. both d/c. so ya youre either lucky or playing builds that arent as prone to dying from it.

(also. i solved the issue that was d/c'ing me in the last 1mhc. i had my ip address set to automatic, and because its on a network it apparently was calling in every hour or so to be sure all pcs on the network had their own unique ip addresses. setting mine to static immediately solved the problem...
and got to lvl 95 just out of top 20 afterwards! :/ i still get the random d/c but my connection issues were awful the first few days of bl/torment. i lucked out and most d/c's were not while leveling...however it only takes one.)
Last edited by awave on May 10, 2015, 4:11:50 AM
Change ISP, fuck messing around with that bs.
#NeverGoing90
Don't get DC'd often but when i do it's my ISP, last problem with them i had just loaded up another game and got DC's almost as soon as i got in, look outside to see an engineer fucking about with the box in the street....some bullshit about cabling needing replaced, which as far as i could see never happened.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
awave wrote:
maybe its due to build differences...

It is, being a summoner really helps.

And my ISP finally seem to pull their s*it together, i was able to progress from normal Gardens-->Cruel Alira without any issues, hope it stays the same.. :D
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info