Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
Gravethought wrote:
This change seems poorly transitioned. Especially for permanent leagues.

You are basically telling the high-level aurabots that their build still exists, they just have to reconfigure their gear and somehow get a ridiculous gem (level 4 corrupted enlighten).

You basically did the equivalent of making a legacy gem, but the legacy gem is still obtainable. It is like if you randomly turned all windrippers into chin-sols, but windripper still drops.

I'm all for killing aura reliance on the reduced mana gem, but if you are going to kill it, then just kill it. Don't replace it with an obscure and even more toxic gem combination. Enlighten leveling up is going to be the endgame of every aura user, whether they use 2-3 auras or 10.

Enlighten level up is going to be the endgame for everyoen that can get one.

What, lvl 2, 20ex you think? lvl 3 is going to be 50+
"
Rory wrote:
It now gives an option for end-game builds that are willing to give up sockets to reduce reservation, without the support being so impactful that every build that uses auras feels that it's absolutely necessary.

and yet every single build will still use it lol

one socket that is already tied to that aura anyway isnt really anything exciting
The change to RM and auras was something that I've wanted for a long time, but I agree with pretty much everyone in this thread that making a new 88% RM out of Enlighten, thereby creating a huge wealth hurdle for something as integral as auras, is a big problem. You're underestimating the utility of even that amount of lowered reserve--people will build around Enlighten as a starting premise, and then get only the necessary amount of tree reduced reservation after that insofar as it allows them to continue stacking auras.

I realize that Enlighten needed work, but I don't think this is the place for it.
"
Rory wrote:
...we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana...

There are characters who don't have access to Reduced Mana?
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on May 8, 2015, 12:13:42 AM
"
ephetat wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
...we can make reservation costs less mana intensive for characters that previously wouldn't have access to Reduced Mana...

I think what Rory meant was that a lot of Intelligence or Dex-based characters were forced to get Strength just to run RM.

But I do think it's ridiculous to point that out when the change is to replace RM with a drop-only gem that needs to be corrupted to Level 4 to be of significant value.
"
ephetat wrote:
"
Rory wrote:

Get past the BS excuse making...that's all that comment is about.
"
ephetat wrote:
"
Rory wrote:

Yeah, RM are too rare and expensive, so it's better to make use of those abundant, fast levelling and cheap level 4 enlighten!
Boo. I'm against this, many reason but the biggest one is that Ele builds already suffered from mana problems to the point that you could only either go BM + Life leech gems or old EB + Clarity. The EB nerf was acceptable but the nerf to clarity isn't. Especially if you plan to increase mana pools then the change to clarity makes less sense to me. But don't worry, if we get rid of all alternative options build diversity will surely increase because of reasons
my reaction: this change is completely awful. do not keep it.

"lets reduce socket pressure by removing reduced mana and replace it with enlighten." thats the most backwards logic i've ever heard. reduced mana is TOTALLY accessible. enlighten is far less attainable for a regular player, and now you've once again increased upper bound on the abuse case of auras.

if you make auras cheaper, people at end game now gonna require level 4 enlighten and make broken multiple aura builds. then you are gonna have to balance around that bullshit. seriously, doesnt seem well thought through.

it's just gonna cost a ton of exalts now to buy 2 level 4 enlightens and rechrome all my gear. not a fun change. not at all.
"
"
even if you find it you will need to get to about level 95 to get the gem to level 3, then you will have to pray to rng that it gets the +1 level, or you can pay 50+ exalt to buy one. Hurray for change.

you have to do that with reduced mana as well, they almost tripled the required exp from 1-20 in total.

Nono. Does not compare. Reduced mana in future = over 400m gem xp, 440?

Enlighten 3 = 1.666 billion gem xp. Very big difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info