Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

"
jacky5047 wrote:
Stop treating the new "reduced mana" as mandatory in mind~ QQs~
The game wants you to choose 1 buff + 1 aura now instead of 3~
ONE less buff and your build is dead? c'mon guys~ how lame is your build?
Adapt~ choose~ try it out~ then you feedback~
Changes isn't even final yet for this amount of cry~

1 less buff aura can make or break builds relying on synergies, less is more to you? if you want less customisation and less options and want your game to tell you where you should put your next stat point you should go play diablo 3
I would prefer aura reservation scale with aura quality,
making it like 0.2%/1q would be better than forcing use into enlighten.

-only one person ever in my 6000+ hours of playing cared about aura quality.

-Roughly 60% of players i know used Enlighten for gem leveling,
what made it nice optional extra, not something that players had to use.
Last edited by Radoth on May 8, 2015, 4:59:45 AM
"
ahcos wrote:
"
Strimlaren wrote:
"
ahcos wrote:

Leave him alone. I admire your passion going into a thread like that and trying to be reasonable, But you won't get into these people's heads with reason or common sense. As you've rightfully pointed out, they're here to cry and make a scene, let them do so and come back with reason once the dust has settled and only those who really care stay to (hopefully) discuss this in a more civilized manner. Right now, the crybabies fear the thought of getting their candy taken away, and even the most concrete vision of a chocolate bar that might come along with that won't shut them up.

Personally, i LOVE this thread. All those tears, just glorious.

Talking about logic and sense, explain the logic behind this change?

The logic seems quite illogical to me when ggg takes away our "candy" just to give it back in the next sentence, only this time covered in shit.

Look at the top of page 18.

Fair enough. I will take my time and see what more changes the horizon has in front of me.

But i doubt anything good will come out of this.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
"
Strimlaren wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

I haven't once antagonized anybody on this matter, please don't misquote me.

I did not write that and i don't think i ever misquoted you.

One should live by his own preachings.

I directly quoted you from your own comment, it's not the same thing as misquoting a person.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 5:06:06 AM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Strimlaren wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

I haven't once antagonized anybody on this matter, please don't misquote me.

I did not write that and i don't think i ever misquoted you.

One should live by his own preachings.

I directly quoted you from your own comment, it's not the same thing as misquoting a person.

But you implied that i implied that you antagonized someone, right? Never wrote or implied such a thing.

And i know what a quote is.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
I just want to step by to say I like the red mana replacement by enlighten.

If it gives high level, high invested players an option to get +1 aura to run this goes very much in line with other high level power boosts like i.e. an empower for spell caster builds or a 6-link or shavs for low life.

That said the power of it should be lower then a red mana lvl 20 is now (or the same for lvl 4 maybe) and the new system should allow you to run an aura + 2 heralds or even more if you invest into aura nodes. Making the leveling requirements of build required auras easier.
"
Strimlaren wrote:

But you implied that i implied that you antagonized someone, right? Never wrote or implied such a thing.

And i know what a quote is.

That's a really confusing train of thought. I feel that you were suggesting I would make an abrasive and antagonistic comment on the matter so I asked you very rationally not to misquote me. Pretty simple really.
Make Things For Smile!
"
MrLordCaptain wrote:
I just want to step by to say I like the red mana replacement by enlighten.

If it gives high level, high invested players an option to get +1 aura to run this goes very much in line with other high level power boosts like i.e. an empower for spell caster builds or a 6-link or shavs for low life.

That said the power of it should be lower then a red mana lvl 20 is now (or the same for lvl 4 maybe) and the new system should allow you to run an aura + 2 heralds or even more if you invest into aura nodes. Making the leveling requirements of build required auras easier.

There is no option though. Anyone high level needs to be running this to get another aura like you said. Empower isn't mandatory, and it's only useful for certain builds that scale really well with levels.

Enlighten will be mandatory, and that is fact.

Edit: On a side note. All the people who say they like the change seem to completely misunderstand the impact of enlighten and how it will be a mandatory gem at high levels.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Last edited by laycast on May 8, 2015, 5:23:46 AM
Another change that benefits the top 1% of players while shafting the rest
Am i the only one who is sad that we have no more gem to speed up leveling other gems?
I like enlighten in its current (live) form. Its sad that it only works for active skill gems and not supports, but i still use it. Im sad its gone now :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info