Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

Quite frankly put this was a poor decision. At least this is on beta where it can be tested and proven that it is a mistake and should be reverted back.
"
Desbris wrote:
reverted back.

.. On a serious note, this change affected my build by giving me a free socket, nothing more.

I guess GGG decided I needed the direct buff. :p
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 4:32:09 AM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Strimlaren wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

People here giving negative "feedback" on the change mostly aren't here to help by giving feedback. For the most part they are here to whine stamp their feet because something about their idea or build is busted due to a change.

A mild inconvenience causes them to take to the forums and suggest that they will quit the game because of this minor (probably for the better) change which many of them haven't even bothered to test out yet.

I'm suggesting they take a chill pill since it is a beta after all, so yeah.

The reasoning behind the change is flawed, we are pointing this out, ie giving feedback.

And your comment about a recipe!? Are you joking? They might as well increase the xp gain on Enlighten just to give in to this whine, would it make a difference? It would still be as mandatory as reduced mana. Nothing will change that fact...

Just delete reduced mana from the game or at least don't introduce the same gem again under a different name. Let reduced mana reserved be exlusive to passives and uniques if you trully want change.

You don't make sense.

Maybe not, sorry about that. If you excuse my bad English and have the time i will try to explain my pov a bit more clear for you.

Enlighten will practically be the same gem as reduced mana used to be, only harder to get and more expensive. Nice "change" huh?

Would you be so kind and explain why this change is good? And don't come dragging with this "it's only beta, why you heff to be mad"-bullshit.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
"
Desbris wrote:
Quite frankly put this was a poor decision. At least this is on beta where it can be tested and proven that it is a mistake and should be reverted back.

Nah, it was a good call, the only char I've got that doesn't uses RM to reduce aura reservation is my beacon summoner that needs those 10% cost reduction from quality. And, technically, it's being used for auras there too, just not for reservation.

I just hope Enlighten change will be reconsidered, now that's a poor decision.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 8, 2015, 4:32:04 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Desbris wrote:

Nah, it was a good call, the only char I've got that doesn't uses RM to reduce aura reservation is my beacon summoner that needs those 10% cost reduction from quality. And, technically, it's being used for auras there too, just not for reservation.

I just hope Enlighten change will be reconsidered, now that's a poor decision.

I agree, the RM change was a good call. The new replacement? Not so much.

+1 Cookie for you i guess.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
Last edited by Strimlaren on May 8, 2015, 4:34:42 AM
Well i would remove any gem options to mana reserve reduction and would buff those that found in the passive tree or adding more of them, so players who're using lots of auras must invest more points to maintain this state.
Also i would change the aura gem quality from increased radius to reduced mana reservation, and changing the base aura radius to the amount that 20% gives you now. Personally i've never ever felt to use gcps on my aura gems, this would give me a reason.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Last edited by Alternalo on May 8, 2015, 4:36:26 AM
"
Strimlaren wrote:

Maybe not, sorry about that. If you excuse my bad English and have the time i will try to explain my pov a bit more clear for you.

Enlighten will practically be the same gem as reduced mana used to be, only harder to get and more expensive. Nice "change" huh?

Would you be so kind and explain why this change is good? And don't come dragging with this "it's only beta, why you heff to be mad"-bullshit.

I haven't once antagonized anybody on this matter, please don't misquote me.

I already addressed the issue you seem to have with this change.

I think it's just fine personally.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on May 8, 2015, 4:39:02 AM
Don't mind the changes but we are 3 weeks into the beta and you're making a dev manifesto post about an idea you have ? You guys were not joking when you said a few days ago you were late...
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on May 8, 2015, 4:41:32 AM
great news

<3
"
AdzPoE wrote:
I like your analogies. I Still feel obligated to drop logic bombs though.

Oh well, same here :D At least i've tried to save your soul. Now suffer eternal torture in logic hell!... err, i mean, the official PoE forums! *cracking whip*

"

Unfortunately this is the only valid argument, haha. They try to solve a problem, namely that EVERY character links reduced mana to their auras. GGG have shown in the past that they don't like solutions that are always best for everyone in every situation, so it's very likely that they'll try to get to a point where linking auras to a "reduce reserved mana" support gem is OPTIONAL and only favourable for some builds, because the opportunistic costs make it unfavourable for most other builds.

MAYBE they won't succeed trying to do so, but let them have a try first, will you? You don't know what exactly it is they're trying to do

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info