Unpopular opinion: GGG should put their foot down regarding "QoL" and convenience (e.g. loot filter)

"
otinanai2 wrote:

What's wrong with farming?

About the new players: They could leave the act 1 bosses as they are. Most newbies don't even make it to act 2. I'm sure those who do would appreciate a good fight against Vaal.

Nothing wrong with farming. But a healthy level progression is better for the game.

Just cause most newbies don't make it to act 2, doesn't mean they should make the entire game harder for new players. I for one want GGG to succeed and make more money.
Loot filters are definitely needed. Any time an enemy can hide behind a pile of loot, it's not a good thing.

I agree they shouldn't go overboard with these kinds of things, but I have no complaints on anything they've added so far.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
"
otinanai2 wrote:

What's wrong with farming?

About the new players: They could leave the act 1 bosses as they are. Most newbies don't even make it to act 2. I'm sure those who do would appreciate a good fight against Vaal.

Nothing wrong with farming. But a healthy level progression is better for the game.

Just cause most newbies don't make it to act 2, doesn't mean they should make the entire game harder for new players. I for one want GGG to succeed and make more money.

Most people progress straight to act 3 cruel these days which is IMO exhausting. Making the act bosses harder would encourage players to take breaks from questing and what would definitely improve the game.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
Most people progress straight to act 3 cruel these days which is IMO exhausting. Making the act bosses harder would encourage players to take breaks from questing and what would definitely improve the game.

Once again. For experienced players. Not new players.
"
"
otinanai2 wrote:

Once again. For experienced players. Not new players.

I have watched a lot of new players on twitch and most of them are disappointed at how easy act bosses are compared to minibosses/rogue exiles.

"
After all, a large part of an ARPG is about the collection of loot.

You are so fundamentally wrong about that statement. You can very much create an Action RPG that has zero loot and it would still be an Action RPG. You simply have focus on Real-time action combat and RPG elements such as skill and level progression, but no item progression through loot.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Demonoz wrote:
I personally have not even touched the new loot filter nor will i probably ever!
I kinda pride myself now on the fact i can spot everything i already look for and need on the ground easily without it! Too many variables and possible mistakes could be made and not see something you should!
I dont trust it... i trust ME! \m/

'
And other people can pride themselves by the fact that they wrote their own loot filters scripts for their personal preferences.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Personally I dunno why people whine so much about something so innocuous as a loot filter. Frankly, with the mountains of *crap* that is on my screen, sometimes there is loot that literally is't even ON my screen. But it doesn't mean that I shouldn't get a chance at it. I'm generally one of the two guys in my group rolling in the mobs' faces so when the lootsplosion happens my screen is nothing but text.

Thankfully for that very reason, we have permanent allocation. Before this entered the game, if I rolled as the damage dealer, I got literally crapped on... for doing all the flipping work.

TBH, I'd love to have a filter. I'm near end-game, and I don't play without perm allocation because I find that some people just get screwed over because you always have that one guy that is contributing less because he's paying more attention to loot than to teammates.
"
awave wrote:
Common scene of end game
The loot filter is about so much more than simply making the game easier. Did you know that GGG employs people to produce the art in this game? I bet you didnt realise because all the loot perpetually covers the whole screen, but this game actually has art?!? It goes way beyond merely helping people see the items they want, but actually allows you to enjoy playing the game.
"
rrtson wrote:

One glaring example of what too much convenience can do to a game is Diablo 3's [former] Auction House. This is an entirely self-contained topic that warrants its own thread, but one could easily argue that an Auction House (where item exchange is automatic) would be a "quality of life" feature. So if a loot filter is implemented for the sake of convenience, why not implement an Auction House too, in the name of convenience?

I partially do agree with what you are saying, but at the same time, I remember killing Olmec and having my screen covered with loot. And by covering, I mean WHOLE screen. I think that GGG should not (and in fact isn't) listen to community too much in terms of game difficulty. People wants it easier all the time. :V

BUT... in the quoted fragment, you are using D3 example. D3 auction house was terrible because of 2 reasons:
a) RMT
b) BOTS (AH was automatic, so bots could easily use it)
None of these problems apply to loot filter. And btw. GGG is looking for QoL changes for trading, and rightfully so. But, the non-automatic thing will remain, due to bots abuse seen in D3's AH.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info