This is why I no longer enjoy playing this game

Spoiler

Red X's are rooms that were completely empty, yellow X's were rooms that were mostly empty but had one or two very small packs.

I spent 16 chaos rolling this map because I couldn't get pack size or champs, so I ended up settling with beyond and some trash mods. I gained a whopping 1% experience at level 92, and to add further insult, found only a tunnel map. I realize this is a bit of an outlier as far as map RNG is concerned, but I think it really embodies my gripes with PoE.

What I'm getting at is that I just don't feel adequately rewarded for my time. The the amount of RNG that festers within every facet of PoE is downright nauseating, and the only way to overcome it is through impossibly consistent luck or brute-forcing it with unreasonable amounts of playtime. Whether it be the five-thousand fuses it took me for my first and only 6link or the fact that I've not self-found an upgrade for any of my 80+ characters in months, I'm just absolutely tired of the skinner box.

Excessive RNG is not difficulty, it's just tedium and poor design.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
if this is the reason why you don't enjoy poe anymore, then you should consider a break.
seriously
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
You must sacrifice more kiwis to RNG gods.
palace worst map to roll packsize etc
read mapping FAQs or whine here
ign - FancySneakyDevil
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:

My personal experience says otherwise. But please, miss the point of my post again.
US East
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:

My personal experience says otherwise. But please, miss the point of my post again.

point of ur thread is u tryin 4-link 1h weapon and fail, spendin currency in process and that fact piss you so much u decide share ur wisdom with community
ign - FancySneakyDevil
This is an example of RNG working as intended. RNG comes with a 100% guarantee to roll occasional duds.
You should suggest what would work better.

Then we can poke holes in your suggestion :)

Guaranteed refund? But in that case, for how long is it fun to risk-free and free of charge run the same map?
Upgrades every 2 days? But no game is infinitely large, you WILL run out of upgrades to hunt for at some point. And what about the 5000 hours grinders?

I can't think of a way the game can work that is better. Different, Possibly. Better? Nope.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on May 4, 2015, 1:48:45 PM
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:

point of ur thread is u tryin 4-link 1h weapon and fail, spendin currency in process and that fact piss you so much u decide share ur wisdom with community

Map mods are a static value, they don't change depending on the map. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/User:Chriskang/Sandbox/ItemAffixSpawnRates/Map

If you're actually trying to say you can't roll packsize on a palace, then uh...
US East
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:

Stop trolling with inadequate examples Mr. French man.

To Caustic2:

I suggest you wait for the Beta to end and Act 4 changes to be released. The changes look quite good and a lot of work has been done there.

That said I share your concerns. POE in its current state is similar to D3 when we were farming gold to buy stuff at the auction house, boring and unrewarding. As of now, it cannot be called hardcore in any way and is just a korean farming game where "gold" has been replaced by a different kind of currency and where you expect and hope more for exalted / chaos or the likes orbs than any item relevant to your character.

Still A4 is coming, I am hopeful.

Edit: I am on cities skyline (Simcity worthy successor), which I'd recommend to any geek who loves to create towns and such!
Last edited by Mischief67 on May 4, 2015, 1:53:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info