Thanks to the graphical update in Act 4, my Diablo 3 friends are switching over to POE

I've bought 90.00 worth of goods from GGG in the last month or so, and I'll probably continue at that pace for another couple of months, I'd say thats thanks enough for any dev or gaming company.

I've also thanked them for their help on numerous occasions and expressed to them how fricken awesome they are more than once.

If every customer/player thanked them in such a manner I'd imagine they would find it quite acceptable.
Last edited by Cryptkeep3r on May 3, 2015, 9:25:59 PM
"
All the content in PoE is free but that certainly won't stop people from demanding more and insisting its unfair.

Like my dad always says no good deed goes unpunished...

there will be ppl who wont appreciate free shit and even be resentful. or if they do appreciate it they ask for more and more....go to the ghetto sometime.

Charan are you listing?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 3, 2015, 9:32:08 PM
Listing? Is he takin' on water?
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Everybody knows very well that the Awakening Expansion has brought tremendous graphics improvements.

From the repetitive uninspired dungeons of Act 1 we now see a far far better system everything looks much more modern, if you look at the wind blowing and how everything is animating the entire graphic in the game well that act anyways has been improved drastically over Act 1 and heck even act 2.

Yet nobody has expressed appreciation to the Dev Team for this. Everyone is going on about how they have to pay to play the god damn act and other stupid things.

When the truth is the reason new players are coming into this game is precisely because of graphics nobody can claim POE looks like a 2001 game anymore which was one of the biggest complaints.

The game looks so much better with Act 4 now and nobody has complimented the devs for their hard work.

It looks more like Diablo 3 which is why I decided to start playing it.

Playing this game everyday is the way most of the comunity has to thank the developers for this amazing game.

I dont think the reason why new players decide to start playing this game is because how the "wind blowing" effect looks. I for example enjoy all the customization you have available for creating your builds and characters.

If anyone should be offended, is the community when seeing post like this one.

Also, no one in this forum cares about how Diablo 3 looks.

Sorry for any typo or bad writing i may have, my english is not my main language.

Have fun!
"
Delihorda wrote:

Also, no one in this forum cares about how Diablo 3 looks.

Ever seen what real animations look like? ever wondered the company that financed Diablo 3?
hint same people who make call of duty easily the biggest name in the gaming world with practically unlimited cash flow.

You would be amazed to know what GGG could do with POE if they had that kind of money.

You are so wrong about nobody on this forum cares about how D3 looks, but we will just leave it as that.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on May 3, 2015, 9:59:26 PM
GGG, 143
Last edited by Spokodude on May 4, 2015, 12:03:00 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Everybody knows very well that the Awakening Expansion has brought tremendous graphics improvements.

From the repetitive uninspired dungeons of Act 1 we now see a far far better system everything looks much more modern, if you look at the wind blowing and how everything is animating the entire graphic in the game well that act anyways has been improved drastically over Act 1 and heck even act 2.

Yet nobody has expressed appreciation to the Dev Team for this. Everyone is going on about how they have to pay to play the god damn act and other stupid things.

When the truth is the reason new players are coming into this game is precisely because of graphics nobody can claim POE looks like a 2001 game anymore which was one of the biggest complaints.

The game looks so much better with Act 4 now and nobody has complimented the devs for their hard work.

It looks more like Diablo 3 which is why I decided to start playing it.

The fact you did not see the thread, does not mean it does not exists.
It is true that few pages later people start their usual whine about everything, but not EVERYONE is like this. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Spoiler
"
chromafunk wrote:
Playing Mortal Kombat X as I can't test the new content, having a blast !

Unreal Engine ...

Spoiler
60FPS
Spoiler
NUFF SAID

is that GGG's new "Exiled Combat" fighting game? because it looks lot like twilight strand imho
Last edited by iHaku on May 4, 2015, 2:52:55 AM
I haven't really noticed the graphic improvements. I've only been watching footage from Awakening on a stream with low bitrate though. Excited to see it in person when it releases.

I just hope they'll do some optimization. My computer are more than powerful enough to run PoE and I still get giant frame rate drops from time to time (especially when opening strongboxes, which often gets me killed).
"
SondreSnurr wrote:
I haven't really noticed the graphic improvements. I've only been watching footage from Awakening on a stream with low bitrate though. Excited to see it in person when it releases.

I just hope they'll do some optimization. My computer are more than powerful enough to run PoE and I still get giant frame rate drops from time to time (especially when opening strongboxes, which often gets me killed).

Boxes guarded by Exiles are the biggest offenders IMO; I'm hoping that will be fixed in the near future. Look at using a skill or flask to help your survivability a bit.

It can be easy to think that GGG isn't constantly working on improving the game's appearance, so every now and again I look back in the archives and pull out a beauty from the days of Closed Beta I. Amazing how far this game has come. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHsw2zIafgg

Edit: to the OP; I've said "Thank you" in as many ways as I know how, so not sure of the basis for your statement re: no one expressing appreciation to the devs. I came to this game because of the gameplay and depth of character development possible - which is far beyond any ARPG I've encountered. I've watched it grow from something similar to what you see in the video above to what we're seeing in the new Awakening expansion, and I am thoroughly impressed with what I see. I show that by saying thanks for news updates, and reaching into my wallet for what I can, when I can.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on May 4, 2015, 8:01:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info