[Item Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All 4.9.2 (Updated 2021-10-25 / EOL)

"
NanoDestiny wrote:
Nice! Though one thing I noticed in the Tempest league is that the tempests allow scroll fragments to drop, can you hide them? I hid them manually but I imagine that others may want the same.

I don't think they should be hidden by default. I also don't think it's quite worth adding a Block for them since it's a very specific thing to do.

Maybe you could post the code snippet that hides them if anyone else should wish to add it?

"
CheshireCat wrote:
I've noticed that you now also highlight 3L/4L magic items, but why is this item highlighted?

Is it just because of the base item?

You're pressing "Alt" on that screenshot, right? So it's hidden (but highlighted) by default since magic helmets, gloves and boots can roll a league specific mod in Warbands. That makes it easy to spot them after killing a Warband. You simply hold "Alt" down and check if any of the highlighted magic items are identified.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
"
DracoArgentum wrote:
That third one is a lot better. If only I was in a position to need it. ;)

How did you pick the best bases for the zone for 60+ bases? I found that an issue in my filter since highest drop level stops being correct.

It's a combination of two things:

1) Simply highlight the highest base that can drop in the zone you are in.
2) To that add all the bases that are part of the "craft base" list, which currently is comprised of the following items:

Craft Bases

Imbued Wand
Ambusher
Reaver Sword
Astral Plate
Thicket Bow
Great White Claw
Corsair Sword
Royal Burgonet
Harbinger Bow

There's a catch, though. This only works well for physical damage related stuff. And even there it has weak points. For example someone told me claws are are often chosen based on their implicit rather than the DPS they provide.

For casters it doesn't really work as it doesn't matter which wand or staff a spell caster uses. All of them can be equally good. That's why there is a specific rule in the "### Rares" section dealing with Wands and Staves.

You could for exmaple choose to hide rares with a low droplevel while excluding wands and staves.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Transmogifying tempests drops a lot of Scroll Fragments and clutters the screen. I suggest to just hide them.

Spoiler
# Currency - Hide Scroll Fragments
Hide
BaseType "Scroll Fragment"

Last edited by Illviljan on Jul 16, 2015, 6:46:02 AM
"
Muldini wrote:

For casters it doesn't really work as it doesn't matter which wand or staff a spell caster uses. All of them can be equally good. That's why there is a specific rule in the "### Rares" section dealing with Wands and Staves.

You could for exmaple choose to hide rares with a low droplevel while excluding wands and staves.

Thats a great point, I'd forgotten about that completely. To Filtration!

Something you might consider is adding specific blocks for are the reward items and the Descent Champions boots. When I was still planning to release mine publicly I put the following in:

Spoiler
# Reward items. If you see one of these on the ground you done goofed.
Show
BaseType "Golden Wreath" "Golden Caligae" "Golden Bracers" "Golden Obi" "Golden Hoop" "Jet Amulet"
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBackgroundColor 255 255 255
SetBorderColor 0 0 0
SetFontSize 45

# Descent Champions only items.
Show
BaseType "Avian Slippers"
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 0 0 0
"
Muldini wrote:
"
NanoDestiny wrote:
Nice! Though one thing I noticed in the Tempest league is that the tempests allow scroll fragments to drop, can you hide them? I hid them manually but I imagine that others may want the same.

I don't think they should be hidden by default. I also don't think it's quite worth adding a Block for them since it's a very specific thing to do.

Maybe you could post the code snippet that hides them if anyone else should wish to add it?

Someone beat me to it, but I must ask, why do you believe they shouldn't be hidden by default?

As for other things I have noticed, I moved up the Chance section of the filter as Things like this happened.

IGN: Nano
"
DracoArgentum wrote:

Something you might consider is adding specific blocks for are the reward items and the Descent Champions boots. When I was still planning to release mine publicly I put the following in:

Spoiler
Show
BaseType "Golden Wreath" "Golden Caligae" "Golden Bracers" "Golden Obi" "Golden Hoop" "Jet Amulet"
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 0 0 0
SetFontSize 45

Show
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 0 0 0

Thanks, I'll look into this. Am I right in assuming that these can't drop anymore (like eternals) but obviously someone could still put them on the ground?

"
NanoDestiny wrote:
"
Muldini wrote:

Someone beat me to it, but I must ask, why do you believe they shouldn't be hidden by default?

As for other things I have noticed, I moved up the Chance section of the filter as Things like this happened.

I don't think they're much of an annoyance given that the tempest isn't active in every zone and that you don't have to use the tempest. I also believe that new players should get to see the effects of the mod. And then, as mentioned earlier, it's quite easy to hide them if one should really wish to do so.

I don't want to force a default that I wouldn't want to play with myself on other people.

Regarding the chance section, please have a look at this post, where I explain why that happens.
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 16, 2015, 9:15:48 AM
THanks for the loot filter, after being away for quite some time, it really helped me
"
Muldini wrote:
"
DracoArgentum wrote:

Spoiler
Show
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 0 0 0
SetFontSize 45

Show
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 0 0 0

Thanks, I'll look into this. Am I right in assuming that these can't drop anymore (like eternals) but obviously someone could still put them on the ground?

As far as I know the reward items have never dropped, that was just accident protection. The avian slippers are still part of descent champions so they would drop in the race and shouldn't be hidden.

Since you're scripting the bulk of the filter you could just script explicit hides per base type instead of the generic hide at the end. That way GGG can't mess you up by removing something from the item list. Anything not on that list isn't going to be a current generic drop, so it'll hardly ever be seen. People will almost certainly want it shown and there isn't much to gain from hiding something that rare.
Great update!
I've been mapping and i realised that lvl 73 maps drops are not easy too see in the middle of the fight.
So I increased to fontsize to 32 and now its much better!

Screenshot to show why i think you should increase the size by default.
lvl<=73 font: 32
73<lvl<79 font: 35 + sound
lvl>=79 font: 40 + sound + border

even with the increased font its easy to distinguish the maps.

Another thing, why not highlight maps that could be chanced?
Great filter, really enjoying using it. I do have a question, however. In regards to version 1.0.5, and Warbands:

"Added a Warbands section. Press "Alt" (Highlight items and objects key) to show hidden items. Those that have the potential for a Warbands mod (Helmets, Gloves and Boots) will have a blue border."

I'm not noticing this happening for me. I've been pretty hardcore farming Warbands, and I haven't seen this happen once. If I'm understanding this correctly, when I hold down Alt for highlighting items and objects, potential items should show up with a blue border, correct?

If it's helpful, I can go farm some Warbands and take screenshots of their drops, both with the filter on and disabled.

Thanks again so much for putting this together; it makes the programmer in me deeply satisfied to see something so meticulously maintained, documented, and updated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info