[Item Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All 4.9.2 (Updated 2021-10-25 / EOL)

"
AtomYcX wrote:
Theme support is looking good - it did prompt me to add a tooltip to the Theme Component names in the Theme Editor though, as some of yours were getting cut off because they're quite long. I'm still not entirely happy with the Theme Editor layout (even in the reworked version that's due to be released later today). The tooltip is a good enough stopgap solution though.

Thanks, appreciate your feedback as I can't test Filtration myself. If there's room for improvement on my side, let me know.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 5, 2015, 6:30:29 AM
Released version 0.9n

It includes:

- highlighting for valuable divination cards, including those introduced with the recent patch (much like it is done for currency)

- an improvement for chance item handling (some weren't shown due to specific hide statements)

- a fix for the chaos/regal recipe (it was missing the ilvl >= 60 requirement, seriously, how did you miss this? ;) )

- theme support for Filtration

- Animated Weapon toggle (the newest filtration version supports enabling/disabling blocks)

- Magic Boots Racing toggle

0.9n is what I consider the release candidate 1. If nothing else comes up during the last week of testing, i'll release it as version 1.0 when The Awakening goes live.

One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
I'm gonna necro a question i had earlier that i thought was resolved, but alas, i found out i was wrong.

Regarding quality on flasks. I want to see all flasks with any quality (even 1%) regardless of flask type, itemlevel or my level. The fix you had for me was to change the "hide" to "show" in the block concerning quality on flasks.
To my surprise i stumbled over a flask from a +x% quality strongbox the other day that was hidden.
My guess is that it had a hit on a hide block further up in the flask section maybe? Anyway, i was wondering if this situation would be avoided (without any detrimental effects) by simply moving the "quality on flasks" block to the top of the flasks section instead of the bottom?

Separate "issue"; I do not have proof for what i'm about to write, but i'd be willing to swear i found a chrome item without the border for chrome items around it! Now i think it was a sceptre, the kind that would get a red border indicating i could use it for leveling, but it didn't have that border either :| It was simply a rgb 3-link item that was shown, but had no border of any kind...

Did i dream this situation, or do you find it plausible?
IGN: RFMeis
"
Meisen wrote:

Regarding quality on flasks. I want to see all flasks with any quality (even 1%) regardless of flask type, itemlevel or my level. The fix you had for me was to change the "hide" to "show" in the block concerning quality on flasks.
To my surprise i stumbled over a flask from a +x% quality strongbox the other day that was hidden.
My guess is that it had a hit on a hide block further up in the flask section maybe? Anyway, i was wondering if this situation would be avoided (without any detrimental effects) by simply moving the "quality on flasks" block to the top of the flasks section instead of the bottom?

There are no hide statements for flasks other than the Q1+ one. I changed its title based on your feedback, though. Could it be that you replaced the old title in the new version?

It's now "Hide #Flasks - Q1+" (tab between Hide and #Flasks)

/edit: Having a look also made me realize I need to apply a SetFontSize to that Q1+ block so it fits more smoothly. Will "fix" in the next version. Thanks! :)

"
Meisen wrote:

Separate "issue"; I do not have proof for what i'm about to write, but i'd be willing to swear i found a chrome item without the border for chrome items around it! Now i think it was a sceptre, the kind that would get a red border indicating i could use it for leveling, but it didn't have that border either :| It was simply a rgb 3-link item that was shown, but had no border of any kind...

Did i dream this situation, or do you find it plausible?

Entirely possible. My guess is that it was a rare item, for which RGB highlighting isn't applied. This way the RGB section can be placed before the Progression section (and thus take precedence over normal/magic items in the Progression section) while not affecting the "best base based on item/zonelevel" highlighting for rares.

Hope this makes sense.

/edit 2: I guess I could add another RGB section after the Progression section for rares. Will think about this. Thanks!
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 7, 2015, 1:55:57 PM
Regarding flasks: The issue with the hidden (q6) flask was in the "m" version of the filter. The only thing i did to alter it was change the "hide" to "show" before that quality block

I do not remember if the flask was blue or white, but it was an eternal mana flask. I don't know if any of this information is relevant though :) And when it all comes down to it.... it's not really that important ;) I'm just ocd'ing hard here :D

Regarding the rgb item: My bad, i should've mentioned the item was not a rare. That is what made me wonder. Then i thought; ah, it's a sceptre, so it's probably because it's filtered as a leveling thingy... Then i started wondering why it didn't have the red border... Then i kinda forgot about it for a while, but brought it up since i mentioned the flask issue and was here bothering you anyways ;)

Anyways, i'm not gonna press the issue with this rgb item, because i did not screenshot it and it is a while ago, so i'm no longer SURE it was not a rare (or any other plausible explanation )
Last edited by Meisen on Jul 8, 2015, 10:00:06 AM
I can't explain the hidden flask. It should have work the same way in version 0.9m.

If you encounter it again, please make a screenshot and upload your filter to pastebin or something so I can check. Hope I'm not asking for too much, but if there's a bug I'd really like to fix it.

Regarding the RGB thing ... a sceptre (Quartz or Crystal with an itemlevel > 25) would explain it, as those are shown between itemlevel 25 and 51, but don't receive the shiny red border after level 25 anymore.

Fixes in my local version so far:

* The Q1+ flasks are now shown in a slightly smaller fontsize to be in line with the other flasks/items
* Lowlevel flasks (the first two tiers) are now highlighted separately for normal/magic
* Normal/Magic highlighting has been slightly increased in fontcolor (was kinda hard to see in certain areas compared to default normal/magic color)

I'm not entirely sure about rare chromatic items yet:
1) I usually have more chroms than I need, even before we had loot filters and missed some.
2) I prefer the Chaos/Regal recipe over the RGB recipe (usually lacking helms/gloves/boots)

Thoughts?
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 8, 2015, 9:03:52 AM
Flask: Hmh, it is possible that i didn't remember to switch out the "hide" for "show" in the m version, though i doubt that. Nevertheless, i'll be on the lookout for such happenings in the future, and i'll be happy to report back if i find something weird :)

Rgb: So, do i understand you correctly if i surmise that all three linked sceptre's between 25 and 51 are shown, but will not get the rgb border if the sockets are rgb? If so, that's a bit weird, isn't it?
Is this a unique thing, or can/will this happen with other gear to?

About rare chromatics: I pick up every scrap of currency. Absolutely every orb that falls to the ground, every scroll and every item that can be "traded" for an orb, such as rgb items. Yes, i end up with a metric shitton of "low value" currency, but hey, that's how I like to do it :)
So, from my point of view: Rares that are "chromed" should be marked as such. Usually the chaos recipe lacks jewelry, not the big stuff, so i do not see the reason to not mark them "chromed". That is what you'll get when you sell them to the vendor anyways. And i always make sure not to use rgb items in the recipe, cause i'll get more value out of selling that piece separately.

This might be different for people that make money from alching and selling jewelry, and i think YOU do if you find yourself in the (to me) strange situation that you lack helms/gloves/boots :) But it'd be my guess that most ppl that use this filter will not be doing that, and as such will be better served with the rgb border on items. And, it's not like you'll skip the rgb marked gloves that you could've used for chaos recipe anyways, is it? Maybe it is... I play solo, and i pick up ALL yellow items. When i'm full, i go home, sell and go back to map again. Clearspeed is not king ;)

BIG EDIT: I totally forgot to give you feedback on the divination cards. I'd really like to be able to distinguish them from, let's say... a wisdom scroll. My vote is to put a border around them all, every last one. And, maybe use the border you use for exalted orbs for the "high value" ones? I don't know, but i really feel they should be much more noticeable than they are currently.
Last edited by Meisen on Jul 8, 2015, 10:35:01 AM
"
Meisen wrote:

Rgb: So, do i understand you correctly if i surmise that all three linked sceptre's between 25 and 51 are shown, but will not get the rgb border if the sockets are rgb? If so, that's a bit weird, isn't it?
Is this a unique thing, or can/will this happen with other gear to?

It's a unique thing for those two sceptres, as they are often used for the +1 recipe in combination with Fire Trap and Lightning Tendrils.

Part of ###Leveleing Specials

Show #Leveling Specials - Quartz Sceptre
BaseType "Quartz Sceptre"
LinkedSockets 3
ItemLevel <= 25
SetBorderColor 210 0 0 #BorderColor - Leveling Specials - Quartz Sceptre
Show #Leveling Specials - Crystal Sceptre
BaseType "Quartz Sceptre" "Crystal Sceptre"
LinkedSockets 3
ItemLevel <= 51
SetFontSize 28

"
Meisen wrote:

About rare chromatics: I pick up every scrap of currency. Absolutely every orb that falls to the ground, every scroll and every item that can be "traded" for an orb, such as rgb items. Yes, i end up with a metric shitton of "low value" currency, but hey, that's how I like to do it :)
So, from my point of view: Rares that are "chromed" should be marked as such. Usually the chaos recipe lacks jewelry, not the big stuff, so i do not see the reason to not mark them "chromed". That is what you'll get when you sell them to the vendor anyways. And i always make sure not to use rgb items in the recipe, cause i'll get more value out of selling that piece separately.

This might be different for people that make money from alching and selling jewelry, and i think YOU do if you find yourself in the (to me) strange situation that you lack helms/gloves/boots :) But it'd be my guess that most ppl that use this filter will not be doing that, and as such will be better served with the rgb border on items. And, it's not like you'll skip the rgb marked gloves that you could've used for chaos recipe anyways, is it? Maybe it is... I play solo, and i pick up ALL yellow items. When i'm full, i go home, sell and go back to map again. Clearspeed is not king ;)

You're right (about me alching rings/amulets/belts), I also value clearspeed :) However I do see your point. I'll add RGB highlighting for rares in front of the chaos/regal recipe section, but after the Progression section. That way "best base for current zone highlighting" for rares takes precedence.

"
Meisen wrote:

BIG EDIT: I totally forgot to give you feedback on the divination cards. I'd really like to be able to distinguish them from, let's say... a wisdom scroll. My vote is to put a border around them all, every last one. And, maybe use the border you use for exalted orbs for the "high value" ones? I don't know, but i really feel they should be much more noticeable than they are currently.

Not sure about this one. It would be easy enough to give all of them a border and change the bordercolor and maybe size for more valuable ones. That would break with how we do it for every other section, though. Currently everything belonging to the lowest tier usually isn't altered, maybe even displayed slightly smaller. Above that we have a medium tier (think Chaos/GCP for currency) with a border and a highest tier with another border and some bigger font size.

Each of the three tiers have the following modifier:

"SetTextColor 170 158 130 #TextColor - Divination Card"

That makes it easy to change the TextColor. Using Filtration you could even export your own theme file to quickly apply it to new versions. Would that be an option? The higher tiers also have a BorderColor element that you can change.

/edit: I'm gonna check if I can add an invisible border (Antnee? You probably know this, answer me! :)). That way it would be super easy to change it using Filtration as well.

/edit 2: Yes, fully transparent borders work. I'll add it for even better theme support.
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 8, 2015, 12:05:33 PM
Ty for your feedback on my feedback :)

If you do not feel like breaking the trend when it comes to divination cards, i'll respect that! One of your filters biggest selling points (for me) is that it is close to the original layout, not gory with bright colors everywhere :)

It does however bring up a question; What cards are low tier (alt orb), mid tier (chaos orb) and high tier (exalt orb)?
I've uploaded my current working version for testing purposes.

It includes:

* The Q1+ flasks are now shown (if toggled) in a slightly smaller fontsize to be in line with the other flasks/items
* Lowlevel flasks (the first two tiers) are now highlighted separately for normal/magic
* Normal/Magic highlighting has been slightly increased in fontcolor (was kinda hard to see in certain areas compared to default normal/magic color)
* Chromatic Orb Recipe for rare items
* A lot more theme related comments

That last point should make it easy to create a theme using Filtration. You would change the "BorderColor" that has the Tag "#Divination Card".

By default it has an opacity value of 0, making it invisble. This way I keep the overall theme consistent while making it easy to change and reapply to new versions.

Feedback very much welcome.

-----------

Divination Card Tiers:

Right now there are three (compared to four for currency) tiers.

"Very Very Valuable" (~couple ex) = "The Brittle Emperor" "The Doctor" "The Hunger" "The Wind" "The Avenger" "The Celestial Justicar" "The Fiend" "The King's Heart" "The Pact" "The Watcher"
-> Green border like 6L/5L/6S/Mirror,...; Large FontSize

"Very Valuable" (~1ex+) = "The Hoarder" "The Drunken Aristocrat" "The Pack Leader" "The Sun" "The Gladiator" "Abandoned Wealth" "The Incantation" "Time-Lost Relic" "The Dark Mage"
-> Unique border like Exalted Orbs,...; Medium FontSize

Default = Rest (CatchAll)

I might add the missing tier (Valuable; comparable to Chaos/GCP etc.) and maybe even a lower one (smaller FontSize) for stuff like Carrion Crow.

The lists aren't complete and will be revisited once more cards are introduced.
Last edited by Muldini on Jul 9, 2015, 6:10:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info