why poe is so hard?

Poe is hard, if you dont have good items(i think everyone is agree)
I am a beginner player with 200(!) hours of play, still 79 with my ground slam marauder barely 7k dps, 3,5k health, some chaos and other currencies
I really really enjoy the game, but with the death penalty,to lose all my progress with a whole day gameplay i getting lost interest.
Somebody just tell me why is so hard? Its like casual players-> go to dio3 thats for you...
This game only want hardcore players??
If you want challenge- there is a hardcore league, but if you want just enjoy the game why you punish the players???
After a 2 year break , now i into the game and again i lost interest. So i try the new content and if nothing change i go back to another games.
i also feel like that until i get the item i want to finish a build and then what?
i lvl 3or5lvls more and i start a new character.

having "good" items is just a psycological thing. you get what you want, you play with it for a couple of hours and then you start again because you already got what you want.

unless you want to reach lvl100.
What i hate about this game is that the people who piggyback each other in parties all the time sit there and laugh at the rest of us while they breeze through the game and get richer and greedier.

Those people like to act like this is a skill game and all based on luck, and that is only true if you are playing solo. Most of these people go and get someone else to kill bosses for them and then move on to the next act or difficulty while the rest of us spend twice or three times as long to get to the same point.

I dont mind playing slow though and I dont mind taking a long time to progress. What I do mind is that the gear and loot system is completely clueless and leaves a bad taste in your mouth if you play solo.

I just spend probably 20-25 hours playing a hardcore scion in the beta. I got to level 42 and died on daresso even though i killed kaom already lol.

The problem is, I farm over and over and at level 42 I still had a bunch of trash gear no matter what i did. Sure, I got a couple good drops but nothing that was even close to my character or my build. In fact the game actually seems like it purposely makes the opposite type of items drop like when your a wander its dropping 2 hand axes and shit all the type and vice versa. I just want to farm and progress and not have it be like pulling teeth, especially when its not even close to as hard for people in parties all the time and all they do is take short cuts anyway.

I dont want my best drop to be something i either have to make a new toon around or go try to sell just to progress with my current build

I know how to play this game just fine, and was playing long before a lot of these new players who magically end up with god gear. The loot system is not right at all, and though I understand that GGG wants to promote the party system and the social aspect of the game because it drives the people who are really into that to spend more money on microtransactions and whatever, I still think they are not doing even close to enough for the solo minded players or the players who just dont think trading should be as big of a part of the game as it is definitely is

Also, I know the RMT topic has been beat to death but this game would be insanely better if all currency was account bound. Only trading item for item. I mean even in beta people are probably buying currency either with their own money or money they got from playing other steam games. As sick as that sounds its probably go on as i am typing this. I am not blaming too much on RMT anymore though because I just feel like the real problem with this game is the loot system being stupid as fuck. I dont want them to make it easy either, the difficulty right now is fine, I just want some drops that actually make sense, and at lvl 40 the gear ends up being trash anyway so why is it so hard to find gear at that level on my own? These is what drives a bigger audience away time after time and keeps it as a niche game. Sure people come back now and then and play again but they always get tired of the same crap. Im playing a wander at lvl 42 with lvl 20 gear cause nothing drops... I dont want a fucking pair of facebreakers that i then have to try to trade to someone.
Last edited by JusSolus on May 2, 2015, 12:57:26 PM
#spoc002: I main a char so i dont want try another(if i get powerfull items i sure i do). In other games(guess where:D)I always mained chars, and like never make alt chars( sometimes for dailies). My problem that the death penalty is just a drowback who want main, because like you , its not even a problem- new build with your powerfull items- easy and fun. On the other hand after a death i feel like: "What Am I Doing With My Life" after loosing all my progress for a hour of gameplay :p

# JusSolus: Omg you just formulated all my problems in a post:D I absolutely agree with you but on the other hand i think Poe is working. I dont want make people upset who enjoy this state of the game and how it works. The only BIG problem for me is the death penalty, because it feels a bit too much for a "casual" player. Yeah i know, hardcore players want challenge, and after a death is a must the penalty.

My idea for this to make something happen that is good for everyone: why they not make a Microtransaction item: If you use this item the next death in a standard league(not Event league) get no death penalty.

Everybody is happy: I, because now with a "fair" item it is guaranteed I make progress, hardcore players dont buy them so they feel the challenge, and the developers is happy also because they get my money:D
"
larainth wrote:
My idea for this to make something happen that is good for everyone: why they not make a Microtransaction item: If you use this item the next death in a standard league(not Event league) get no death penalty.

Everybody is happy: I, because now with a "fair" item it is guaranteed I make progress, hardcore players dont buy them so they feel the challenge, and the developers is happy also because they get my money:D

That would be P2W, so it can't happen in any league that has a ladder.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
larainth wrote:
#spoc002: I main a char so i dont want try another(if i get powerfull items i sure i do). In other games(guess where:D)I always mained chars, and like never make alt chars( sometimes for dailies). My problem that the death penalty is just a drowback who want main, because like you , its not even a problem- new build with your powerfull items- easy and fun. On the other hand after a death i feel like: "What Am I Doing With My Life" after loosing all my progress for a hour of gameplay :p

i know the feeling, every time i die i delete my character, that why i dont care to much about good items. i spends months/years to get that X item for my build, 2weeks later i die.

what was the point on farming/bying that item? nowadays i just put the chaaracter on the side as soon as i feel its completed.

ps: i do feel super rish when i look at my standart stash xD al the good uniques are there to remind me of that wasted currency.
Last edited by spoc002 on May 2, 2015, 1:36:50 PM
I dont even know that I am playing on ladder :D
I dont understand why ppl always want this F2P mode, and "fair"gameplay.
In so many games where P2W is an issue , I am enjoyed the game too, and dont complained.
How the developers make money when the game dont want more players with "casual" playstyle?
Everybody is seeings the problems in their own side, but business its a whole another thing, you dont just want cheer a part of players you want make "all" the people to enjoy the game at the same time. In game development is not the gameplay itself the problem , the problems are how the developers can give them to the players( see todays DLC and Paywalls world?- it is mutated from 2010 to 2015)
(sry im not an english ppl ,so sorry if you hardly understand:P)
The game is supposed to be for hard core gamers. But I agree that it can be ridiculously hard sometimes. Like most games, they cater to the top elite players and ignore casual players. That's partly because it tends to be the top players who post a lot on the forums, and provide the most feedback. Most average or poor players don't post about the game being too hard...maybe admitting the game is too hard is too big a hit to their pride. And if they do admit it, some elitist will tell them to go play Minecraft with the kiddies.

Some players want more of a challenge. But more challenge will just drive other players away (maybe including me if some of the things I'm reading are implemented). There needs to be other ways to provide more challenge to the players who want it, without affecting the entire player base. Temp leagues do this to a degree. But that's only a partial solution.

Personally I think there should be a third perm league that's more difficult and has a 'no escape' mechanic built in (like a 5 second delay for any logout). What I would LOVE to see is something like a perm BLAMT + Famine league.

In some ways I think the death penalty in soft core is worse than the perm death in hard core. In hard core I expect to die and accept it. It still pisses me off when it happens, but only for about 5 minutes. If I'm playing soft core at higher levels it's because I want to level. It sucks bad when I lose exp faster than I gain it. It amounts to a soft cap which depends on the players ability and tolerance for diminishing returns on their grinding.
"
larainth wrote:
How the developers make money when the game dont want more players with "casual" playstyle?

Devs imply they are happy with the income from PoE so there's no reason to drop the bar even lower. Avoiding the greed trap is nothing short of admirable.

Also, long ago in the misty beginnings of PoE they made a solemn vow to abstain from P2W and bad LotR puns for all eternity. Breaking that promise could bring more short term consumers but would also alienate long term ones, those puns are really bad.

The game is simple enough as soon as you learn which hoops you need to jump through, and there aren't really that many of them. It still won't happen overnight, though.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
larainth wrote:
Poe is hard, if you dont have good items(i think everyone is agree)
Somebody just tell me why is so hard? Its like casual players-> go to dio3 thats for you...
This game only want hardcore players??

PoE forces you to consider your options. That's it.
It's not a game where you jump in and it works by itself.

But the community is imho great. If you have a specific question you will get a valuable answer (in most cases :).

Just look at similar builds (forum) and look how they get things working.
Here is a good point to start with:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/740906

@JusSolus:
"
I just spend probably 20-25 hours playing a hardcore scion in the beta. I got to level 42 and died on daresso even though i killed kaom already lol.

You know there is softcore mode? And don't expect your character in beta to live longer than a week.
The magic answer to find better items is IIR/IIQ but this may reduce your stats and set you @risk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info