game crashing at Dominus fight [unable to create source 40963]

I was playing with my Ranger (Bow spec) and I kept crashing 99,99% of the time in the Dominus fight. (during all phases, incl. the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th as well).

Few months ago I was not able to made thru that boss to Cruel diff.at all, because until I was able to shut down the game (TAB out), and relaunching it and rejoining, the maps have been reset... very demoralizing... so I just made my way from the wp back to the boss platform, started the fight and sooner or later crashed during the fight... after several attempts I gave up.
Made thru the fight yesterday... luckily... after several quick relaunching and rejoining the game... this hapened multiple times even yesterday... as I got new GPU and RAM upgrade so I could load the game faster.

First I thought it was an issue with my HW, as this already happened to me like few months ago when I last played with that character, but now I got upgraded parts and clearly it has nothing to do with HW...

How does the crash act like?
at random point during fight with last boss, in any phase (1-4)
I just hear a "ding" sound in background from the error pop-up of windows but the game stays on fullscreen
I need to alt-tab to windows workplace, click OK, another error msg comes up, click OK on that, and the game shuts down after that.

So far I did not noticed this to happen at my other characters (although I get crashes with them too, but due to different reason, pointless...)
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Last edited by Moribundus on May 2, 2015, 10:35:04 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Have you tried:
- Re-installing & ensuring the ".net framework" software is up-to-date.
- Video drivers are up-to-date.
- Verifying the cache of the game if you're playing through steam.
- Re-installing the game.
- Updating your operating system.
- Installing/Re-installing "Visual C++ Runtime redistributable package 2010".

By the looks of it though, if that's your screenshot then your probably using windows XP. I'd recommend upgrading that. Path of exile, from what I read has difficulties when it comes to older operating systems. I'd recommend contacting support though just in case. Best of luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info