I was in town and my ranger in hc and then it got turned into a standard character when it dced?!

So... I was playing and I afked and when I came back I found that I dced then when I logged back in I found that my ranger turned into a standard character?!?!? I didnt even die and I was in town!! Thats a load of shit... Yes I have to becareful of lag and shit that would kill my character but I didnt even die and i got turned into standard? Help?
Look like your char was eaten by a grue :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
That doesnt help :( Im seriously so sad and mad at the same time
Not entirely sure if this is still the case but apparently it's possible to "die" in town: If you had a close call and jumped into a portal to bail, you might have died in "limbo" (desync, the last tick of a debuff like bleed, etc). In this case, you won't get the "resurrect" thingie because you are already en route to town. It's just the Standard one.
But I was afk in town.. and then dced out and logged back in to find out that it turned to standard D: T_T
Chances are, you died while going to town in the first place.

It actually happens quite often. If you die while heading to town, you arrive in standard town, not hardcore. But you don't usually notice until you log in next time, or open your stash.
How do you die when theres nothing around you when you go back to your portal?? Thats so confusing...

Well all I know is Im not getting my character back. RIP.
"
RayrayAzn wrote:
How do you die when theres nothing around you when you go back to your portal?? Thats so confusing...

Well all I know is Im not getting my character back. RIP.

That's the problem is that people assume they "just died" and don't consider that they could have died 10 or 15 minutes ago and didn't realize it.

When you die on the way to town, there are no indicators.
Alright... I don't know anymore aha. I dont really know how the mobs could have killed me since I like one shot most of them :(

Ah well Im too pissed to play this game anymore >:( Thanks for the info guys :)
You could check your client's log and see what killed you and when. Just navigate to where your Path of Exile folder is and look for "logs" folder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info