Divination Cards - Help me Understand the Point

What if this whole divination card thingy is actually some sort of veiled ruse in attempt at getting us to purchase more stash tabs?
If the cards stack, and there's only 144 of them, one page will carry all of them.
More RNG my good people

Praise RNGesus!
I dont see any any key!
I still am in agreement that you can just farm dominus for chaos orb recipe to defeat rng. I really don't see how farming 1/144 cards of shavs would differ AT ALL from farming chaos orbs. I guess you can trade card fragments maybe, but I can do the same with all existing currency. It is a slight buff to self found... I guess. Though if the drop rates for completing a set of cards is roughly the same as the rare item itself (almost mandatory to not ruin the economy) then it really isn't a buff to getting the item so much as an experience bar you can see grow at random intervals. You would theoretically have to farm just as often.

If they are not in maps, then they will be easier to bot. If they are in maps, then people are already mapping for currency and a chance to find the item, meaning it comes out as a wash. So, I just don't see any reason for this. It really does just seem like another piece of clutter to me.
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
I had a better suggestion for divination cards but nobody ever listens to me =(
"
I still am in agreement that you can just farm dominus for chaos orb recipe to defeat rng. I really don't see how farming 1/144 cards of shavs would differ AT ALL from farming chaos orbs. I guess you can trade card fragments maybe, but I can do the same with all existing currency. It is a slight buff to self found... I guess. Though if the drop rates for completing a set of cards is roughly the same as the rare item itself (almost mandatory to not ruin the economy) then it really isn't a buff to getting the item so much as an experience bar you can see grow at random intervals. You would theoretically have to farm just as often.

If they are not in maps, then they will be easier to bot. If they are in maps, then people are already mapping for currency and a chance to find the item, meaning it comes out as a wash. So, I just don't see any reason for this. It really does just seem like another piece of clutter to me.

Thing is that finding usable items by yourself feels good. The cards are for the same crowd that likes the Masters.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
As for me cards seem like a new product in market which allows trading costlier items in blocks say monthly payment of loans , you cant afford a house so you pay each month like you cant afford shavs you gather card . It might be same as saving exalts but it has new factor where you dont loot new players for trades which you feel guilty about and the part where you actually kill stuff while being sure that you are working towards your goal instead of some lucky exalt drop.

Say you got a lucky hypothetical 1/10 card for a high priced unique which you are not interested in gathering then you can sell it to others . Not sure about whether it will drop prices for given item or the prices for cards will adjust accordingly , cards are just a new product to poe economy which stands between curreny and items . personally i love the idea and hope it will allow a lousy player like me to actually buy some high valued items but then again not everyone wants the shiny unique items so lets hope the cards are not limited to narrow scope of unique recipies.

Curreny <-> cards <-> items

( imagine as circle :)

As for the why supports are paying for it , well its players wish , look at all the non viable lvling uniques supporters made with their options ... they wanted it they got it i dont see many supporter unique making any impression in game if at all except for few good ones, besides supporting ggg isnt a contest you do it if you can and want to.

Its your money why ask others where do you want to spend it.
chaotic neutral
"Value" always boils down to expected time spent. If your 1/10 card is something you could expect to get once a week, the item is would get you would be on par with an unique you could expect to get in a couple months. Not one of the more rare ones.

If you expect to get your 1/10 each hour, don't expect it to give you an exalt... the market would be flooded in a short time.

It will be interesting to see how they balance them. But as a solo player who has yet to get his masters to level 8, I doubt I'll ever see a set that gets me anything remarkable.
The idea is to add a trading meta in the trading meta.

Better submit something like 1 card = 4 scroll fragments.

I would give them powerful items but curse them with something like:"Cannot use tradescreen anymore" just to ruin their characters and destroy trading.
Everyone with 10 stash tabs full of various card sets = additional stash tab sales = profit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info