About Russian language server

Doesn't these changes segregate the community in the future?
I would rather prefer to have all russians players with us in the same server, just with a different language option than separate ones with different characters names and the like.

Really changing some NPC names??
I was also hoping for maybe Spanish translations, but if the way to do is changing NPC names, this is honestly the most garbage ever happened in this game.

I think these language disgregations are the worse thing possible happenning ever to PoE.
Could even be its dead in the future.

Maybe I am wrong and when a4 launches we all be together, but if they will be separated, this is a huge huge mistake.

Can anyone elaborate about this? I'm a bit confuse and maybe I am wrong, because information is not well explained at all in the announcement.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on May 1, 2015, 9:33:55 AM
"
Valmar wrote:
Doesn't these changes segregate the community in the future?
I would rather prefer to have all russians players with us in the same server, just with a different language option than separate ones with different characters names and the like.
Separating players is really bad idea. I am Russian, and all what I'm going to do there is just play some races during times when there is nothing to do in main poe. I dont know any russian who ABSOLUTELY CANT play on english version. I know some guys who PREFER original version, I prefer this too.
"
Valmar wrote:
Really changing some NPC names??
For me russian version feels terrible, I have hard times reading this bullshit translation after I got so much used to original. Reading some rare items takes much much more time than it would take on english. And names - /facepalm.

"
Valmar wrote:
I think these language disgregations are the worse thing possible happenning ever to PoE.
Could even be its dead in the future.
Same here
I guess ggg got some really good money and percents from garena, and its not worth to create server infrastructure without garena's powers.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
The right thing to do here is just make text translations (not voice, wasting resources an our money on that??????) and give the option to choose language in menu options.

The more I think about this disgregate servers and voice acting and name changes, the more I think this is going to end really bad for GGG and the community.

Worst worst idea ever, by far.
As long as they don`t force me to play on a russian server just because i live in Russia it doesn`t really bother me. Russian translations of games are usually bad and i prefer to stay away from them as much as possible.

Garena probably have some sort of monopoly? (i`m not sure about the correct term here) to sell/provide service for games in Russia\CIS regions so that`s why GGG can`t directly provide servers\services there. I really dislike this, but i don`t know what can be done about it.
Yeah, well. I think translations are always bad, but for people that dont like to play in Enlgish, they're awesome, I'm for them. What bothers me is making separate platforms or servers and separating the community. I think its better to just do it on one only server, because PoE is not an AAA with millions and millions of players, and I think it would be better to stay all on same global server, and make language an option ingame. I just cant understand why they didnt do that way.
GGG does not have any region restrictions for PoE. If you can't get PoE published in your country, it's because your local government's regulation on video games.

Garena Russia is publishing the localized version of the game on their servers to allow your government to get their cut.
"
ionface wrote:
GGG does not have any region restrictions for PoE. If you can't get PoE published in your country, it's because your local government's regulation on video games.

Garena Russia is publishing the localized version of the game on their servers to allow your government to get their cut.

In China, the bureaucracy most definitely played a part in the decision to allow Garena to publish PoE there, in Russia, I don't believe this is the case. More likely, the decision is based on financial necessities.

Allowing a third party to take publishing responsibilities in Russia, obviates the need for GGG to do the localisation themselves, which I imagine is quite costly. Also, Softlayer, the host for PoE around the world, doesn't have any infrastructure in Russia and that probably won't change in the near future.

Basically, allowing Garena to publish here is offloading the drudge work and I probably earning revenue.

Only time will tell if this is a good move, however, it's often the case that Russian only servers are pretty dead.
If I remember right Putin is the end boss

and your are not allowed to beat him
I dont see any any key!
We got 4 Worlds.

GGG, language: english only
Garena Taiwan, language: chinese only
Garena Singapore, language: english only
Garena Russia, language: russia only

GGG client didn't include chinese and russia files, but Garena Russia included english files.
The new PoE Russian-language version isn't so much about drawing Russian-language players away from PoE Global, as it about making PoE more generally available to new players in the Russian language market. I can't see why (except, perhaps, for server proximity) any current player of PoE Global would change to the new one. If your English language skills have sufficed to make PoE fun to play, why decamp? You'd lose your characters, gear, and also any non-Russian speaking friends and guildies you have made.

If you're here, stick around. Let the new Russian-language players (who have sufficient English skills) find out about PoE Global, and come to us. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info