Why do people scam

SO i just lost 20 chaos and the dude didnt give me what i paid for when i tried to talk to get it left party and logged out there needs to be a setup for this to not happen
People run scams because people fall for them. The world is full of crappy people. It is what it is.
There is a setup for this to not happen.

It involves not clicking the trade button until all items are present, checked, verified, and agreed to.

You made the mistake if clicking trade on an empty trade window expecting something later. Don't do that. Don't click trade unless you're satisfied with all the trade contents.

The system is good if you use it correctly.
Doesn't make it any less of a scam.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I didn't say it wasn't a scam, but as the prior post stated, there will always be scams for as long as people fall for them.

If you're safe about trading, you can't be scammed.
Always be paranoid about scammers, because it takes 1 unfair trade out of 1000 trades to ruin your day, and potentially set you back. Don't tell those you're trading with that you're paranoid though.

Service : Check vouch threads.
Trade : Always check windows.

And people scam because it gives them an advantage, no matter the disadvantage incurred by the community. Or they do it for the shits and the giggles (but that's much rarer). It's always easier to do things by dishonest means than honest means, and think the consequences will never matter or the past shall never catch up to you. People may justify themselves by saying they had no time, but in a game like this where most things, if not all, are fair, that is definitely a hollow justification.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info