Phantasmal: Roguelike Survival Horror from NZ

Hi Guys!
We’re proud to announce the Steam Early Access Launch of Phantasmal!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/342550/

In Phantasmal no two gameplays are ever the same... you’ll never know what’s lurking around the next corner as levels, story and enemies are procedurally generated and tweaked as you play ensuring you’re always on a knife edge with just enough scraps to survive.

Every time you play Phantasmal will be like your first time...a totally new and terrifying experience!

The game has strong Lovecraftian influences with insanity featuring as a game mechanic. It's based in the infamous Kowloon Walled City in the 90s, before its destruction.

We’ve taken a lot of inspiration from early survival horror titles as well as modern roguelikes, so we like to think of Phantasmal as a mix of The Binding Of Isaac and Silent Hill, which also includes a healthy dose of Path of Exile’s random level generation!

One of our new environment artists, Brian Bell is an ex-Hollywood Lighting Director and has done an amazing job. The whole game looks completely different to the pre-alpha version - I think you’ll really enjoy it!

I’d also like to thank Chris Wilson and the GGG crew for their advice and support! You guys have been awesome and a massive inspiration to both our team and the New Zealand Indie Dev Community!

Didn't you post this yesterday?

Ahh, I see you did and it got deleted.

Well, I guess this one will be too.

In that case.

Spoiler
Boobs
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 30, 2015, 8:26:32 PM
Phantasmal won a game development competition in New Zealand last year. I contributed to the kickstarter - it's a cool game.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Still is spam. Account made only to push game. No respect.
The poor Mods now have to decide whether they should delete the spam or keep their jobs :)

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Given it specifically mentions PoE as an inspiration and Chris states he kicked it, I think this is better than just spam.

I, for one, am interested.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Given it specifically mentions PoE as an inspiration and Chris states he kicked it, I think this is better than just spam.

I, for one, am interested.

Far be it for me to argue that point, however based on the precedent of it being deleted yesterday you can understand why the question would be raised.

It's nice to see you posting in Off Topic, Chris! At least we can almost guarantee no one is going to hassle you about stupid shit in here :)

I'd be more likely to see that as Support Error than anything else.

Because, let's face it: that happens far more than, say, Chris posting to a 'spam' topic.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
The poor Mods now have to decide whether they should delete the spam or keep their jobs :)

Rachel's not afraid. Squelching noobs is in her blood.
"
Charan wrote:
I'd be more likely to see that as Support Error than anything else.

Because, let's face it: that happens far more than, say, Chris posting to a 'spam' topic.

OooooOooOo, subtly brutal :)

Well its worked - I am currently mulling over purchasing the afore-spammed title :) The problem is that I am not a big fan of Survival Horror.

I purchased that one in the Asylum (can't remember title, you had a video camera) and made it to the first jump-scare-shit-fuck-hide-in-a-locker moment and decided to opt out.

@OP - How nasty are your jump scares dude? I'm not inclined to shit myself on the couch.

EDIT: After checking my shelf it is called "Outlast"

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on May 1, 2015, 2:54:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info