Interest level check and opinion gathering: Raffle for Divination Card Design

If someone at GGG plays the middle man
I'm only interest to the extent that it will confirm how people can make money off the foolishness of others. This isn't a scam. It's open. He's being honest. But if you think that he's not going to pocket what ever is left over from the proceeds, you're being foolish.

If I got sent $1 by everyone who considered this post helpful, I'd be able to buy my lunch tomorrow on the proceeds. Don't send me $1. I can buy my own lunch.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'm only interest to the extent that it will confirm how people can make money off the foolishness of others. This isn't a scam. It's open. He's being honest. But if you think that he's not going to pocket what ever is left over from the proceeds, you're being foolish.

If I got sent $1 by everyone who considered this post helpful, I'd be able to buy my lunch tomorrow on the proceeds. Don't send me $1. I can buy my own lunch.

I'd buy you lunch Shags but I know you don't like to trade :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

The money will be donated directly through the Extra Life charity, which supports Children's Miracle Network hospitals. It will be impossible for me to pocket anything, as I will never have your money in the first place.

I will then have to purchase any prizes or packs with my own funds in order to award them.

The amount is specified as $840 as I intended to upgrade my existing pack (you can see right from this profile, I've already paid for Lunaris supporter), and have the prize be designing the card.

There are no additional physical items in the Highgate pack that are not in the Lunaris pack, and both the Lunaris and Highgate pack return a $1 : 1 point ratio. I don't personally feel that would be taking advantage of or scamming entrants in any way or that the winner would be cheated out of anything if all of this is clearly disclosed up front.

If people feel otherwise, or feel that is not aboveboard in some other way, that is the kind of feedback I was looking for. I may or may not be able to buy an entire Highgate pack to give away.

Giveaways and contests of all sorts are extremely common both by developers, streamers and individual players closer to the Extra Life event day (it's in October). Individual Extra Life guilds also have presences at most major gaming conventions to raise money, by sponsoring mini-events like arcades where you donate in order to play for fun or enter the tournament.

I'm mentioning this now and considering doing it now because of the timing of the packs. Fundraising for Extra Life runs the entire calendar year. The marathon is one day in October, but we can help out every day. Last year's campaign broke every record possible; I'd love to be part of doing that again this year and this was something that popped into my head that could immensely help me to do that and be fun for the PoE community too.

Please, continue to let me know your thoughts and feelings on the matter after taking the additional information above into account.

EDIT:

I'm also willing to work with GGG to be entirely hands-off in the design process if they are willing (and bless this idea in the first place). It's not my design, it's the winner's design.
Last edited by Llwellyn on Apr 30, 2015, 9:12:21 PM
Judging from the responses in this thread, it appears most still think their money is going to YOUR upgrade to a highgate pack. I don't think they understand the donation to Extra Life bits.

I would also suggest that while you have stressed that point at length, the way you have explained it in OP is abit convoluted. Might want to simplify the idea in OP since this is a new concept you're introducing to the POE forumites.

Edit: perhaps something along these lines "I am considering upgrading to highgate but divination card design isn't appealing to me. I'm considering holding a raffle to award the design to a winner who donates to this charity campaign "Extra Life" through my support page blah blah blah"
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Last edited by Jerle on May 1, 2015, 2:18:49 AM
Get the OK and I'm in. I've participated in similar projects on other games before. It's a cool way to help a great charity and something fun to do.

I like the opening statement Jerle came up with, but I understood your post perfectly well also. I donate to my friend's charities when they are doing fund raisers. They have support pages like you do. Maybe being familiar with that makes the difference as to whether you get the OP or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info