A big problem with divination cards

If a divination card drops specifically far farming the same boss or mob doesn't this open up a very bad way for bots to farm currency? If farming one boss repeatedly forever can guarantee you a windripper or shavs isn't this a bots dream?
Maybe, but I don't really care. Market saturation is a good thing from my lowly perspective.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Dont think the drop gona be that easy or gona be 100% guaranteed, is pretty much gona be as any other drop gona have a drop rate. What concerns me is if this cards is gona be an "extra drop" or if they gona count as in the current normal pool, what i mean is for example if we gona start seeying cards taking the place of rare and uniques items from boss/mosnter loot. Would liek if it was an "extra drop" witch means is drop RNG comes from a diferent "pool" then the other items.
Not really. This won't change the average drop rate, only the standard deviation. That means, for bots that work all the time, it won't change anything, because of the large number law. This will be better for people that are not playing too much. If you play too much, sticking to trade seems to be a better solution.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I dont see any change to botting, cards will have different main drop areas, and the droprate will be binded to the rarity of the item, so exalt cards for example will be much rarer than regal etc, so a shavs will be much rarer than a botb etc.

Bots are an issue and will be an issue but it wont affect them, its like farming dom for shavs, bots can do this and there will be always ways for bots, but the cards wont change this, cuz rarity + location is different on most cards so one will drop in a1 and the other in a3.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Not really. This won't change the average drop rate, only the standard deviation. That means, for bots that work all the time, it won't change anything, because of the large number law. This

ROFL

THE LARGE NUMBER LAW?

LOOOOOOOOOL never heard of this before. Must be the new meta

The large number law is irrelevant on a game with a playerbase of 7000 ~ concurrent players... Yeah, 7000 is such a large number. Especially when u count in the b-words.

Holy fucking Chris Wilson I need to repent Christ.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 30, 2015, 12:09:56 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Not really. This won't change the average drop rate, only the standard deviation. That means, for bots that work all the time, it won't change anything, because of the large number law. This

ROFL

THE LARGE NUMBER LAW?

LOOOOOOOOOL never heard of this before. Must be the new meta

The large number law is irrelevant on a game with a playerbase of 7000 ~ concurrent players... Yeah, 7000 is such a large number. Especially when u count in the b-words.

Holy fucking Chris Wilson I need to repent Christ.

lol, where are u getting 7000 from?
"
monkuar wrote:

Let's see...if you are going to consider that probability law, you can't consider the number of players alone.

Also, what is a big enough number in your opinion, and why?

Show me your proofs if you are going to laugh. Maybe you can teach me something Monkuar, :)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Sounds like a nice addition to the game, hope to see lots of new items from this. I hope they stack and only take up one slot like a ring or necklace.
I like the cards idea. Theme related drops just make sense to me. But get ready to buy some stash tab packs to manage all the few hundred different cards you'll probably find while trying to make a set!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info