Mjolner rip o.o nerf confirmed?

"
Antnee wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
They could change all version, as they did with acuity. "chance to cast socketed spells on hit" is a unique mod, and can be changed directly on the lookup table.

This is exactly what I thought would happen; nuking the hammer instead of discharge. Dislike.

Why nerf discharge though? must self-cast discharge suffer due to the few that can auto-cast?

Because at the center of just about every game-breaking build you can find, there's a discharge gem. Kinda curious, eh?

They could have simply snipped the interaction between Discharge and Mjolnir by removing the "fire, cold, lightning" tags from discharge, and buffing it's damage appropriately.

Without discharge, Mjolnir is an EXCELLENTLY balanced, strong, end-game item.

The problem is, if we remove the tags and buff its damage then we risk it becoming OP with coc. (and I mean real powerful, since one could invest more into defense, not glass canon plz-RIP-more builds like fakener).

Though I will disagree on the game-breaking part as I've played burning discharge and frenzy-romiras/voll armour discharge and coc (with my own HC version which ended up dying anyway, but the damage was not OP with a good defense and without volls amu). The culprit is clearly volls amulet when coupled with a way to auto-cast (and the other key element chargemaker unique).

"
Sprongley wrote:
"
dynia6666 wrote:
who would know that op builds with this will be nerfed ?

well they seemed to be more interested in nerfing budget builds IE completely ruining EB builds

Not scared of this. What people keep forgetting is that they nerfed mana regen nodes over a long time due to the dominance of EB. If we can kill current EB then we can buff mana regen and overall mana nodes so that we have an option as well.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 30, 2015, 10:43:24 AM
"
"
And1111 wrote:
Mjolner was never problem,voll's devotion with discharge is.

Standard isn't balanced and finding one or making via temp leagues is very hard to do.

You heard it here, shopping = hard.

Casually casual.

"
Spokodude wrote:
I had around 35 ex laying around so I bought 1 of these a week ago for this very reason. Good investment, I guess

Or the worst investment ever. I spent a shitload of exalts to gear up a mjolner char last week. I was gonna buy the Axiom support package sometime this week, but now, I am not so sure. I am tired of my gear getting nerfed after I buy it.
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
"
And1111 wrote:
Mjolner was never problem,voll's devotion with discharge is.

Standard isn't balanced and finding one or making via temp leagues is very hard to do.

You heard it here, shopping = hard.

Shopping is hard for most people why do you think nobody really likes to trade =x They can't shop if they have no currency / aren't able to play the trading game to do so and that's most of the majority of poE.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 30, 2015, 10:44:35 AM
"
Shopping is hard for most people why do you think nobody really likes to trade =x They can't shop if they have no currency / aren't able to play the trading game to do so and that's most of the majority of poE.

You keep using that word.
Casually casual.

"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
"
Spokodude wrote:
I had around 35 ex laying around so I bought 1 of these a week ago for this very reason. Good investment, I guess

Or the worst investment ever. I spent a shitload of exalts to gear up a mjolner char last week. I was gonna buy the Axiom support package sometime this week, but now, I am not so sure. I am tired of my gear getting nerfed after I buy it.

still didn't learn that most players and GGG don't care about standard league ? Just play temp leagues and you can create new build after patch notes ...
IGN: UgaBugaMajkaFaja
"
dynia6666 wrote:
still didn't learn that most players and GGG don't care about standard league ? Just play temp leagues and you can create new build after patch notes ...

I find it hard to believe GGG doesn't care about a league that 25% (I think was the stat) of its player base plays exclusively

back on topic though, yea maybe it will turn out non-legacy, but like people said earlier, with increased attack speed and wrath, the item will not rip. investments are called investments for a reason
ziggyD just mentioned the mjolner nerf on twitch: "This means it will likely turn legacy."
"
dynia6666 wrote:
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
"
Spokodude wrote:

you heard it here first boys

GGG doesnt care about people that spend money on this game
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
THE PANIC SALES ARE ALREADY HAPPENING IN GAME

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info