Divination cards = Self found league is coming!

I guess we'll have to wait and see if selffound players have a better chance obtaining certain items via div cards. We dont know anything specific about drop rates or how many cards we need to collect in order to "assemble" the item. I share some of the concerns posted here, but lets try out the divination mechanics in game first and, if div cards turn out to be "useless", start complaining later!
Last edited by eperon on Apr 30, 2015, 10:37:33 AM
"
"
Primefunka wrote:
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Divination cards seem to be first and foremost a way of getting specific items without needing to trade. You go to that place = you have more chances of eventually finding that item.

And then we had the 5 days solo... .

Seems like the Self found league is coming!

Just had the same thought. Solves the biggest problem of solo - you can aim for a build enabling or benefitting unique without trading. Good Stuff !

Better hope a Highgate supporter pays to put in that item then. It is only supporters who design the cards that will go in. Brilliant system.

"
Chris wrote:
"
Raafje wrote:
So in the end we will know how many highgate supporters there are as the correspond with the amount of cards.
I like that GGG is not going to make cards this is the only time ever to get those cards in the game i guess

Once the Awakening packs have ended, we will add cards related to uniques and items as needed to keep the system up to date for future expansions. The system is here to stay but if you want to be part of it, these packs are the chance.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"
dynia6666 wrote:
I hope this will never coming its that rly pick standard league and don't trade simple as that

Self Found has never been 'that simple'.
For me, I will take a self found league with the exact same drop chances on everything that is in any other league.
I enjoyed myself IMMENSELY in the 5 day.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Divination cards = self found league isn't coming!

I can do this too
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
"
phaero wrote:
"
Myrrdinn2015 wrote:
If you think these cards are gonna drop anywhere easy to farm for these high end uniques your just fooling yourselves there just gonna do the same shit they already have in place with em and drop in high end maps. Right back to square one trying to sustain high end maps to farm for cards/uniques. I love this game but the end game to is just plain terrible never seen RNG play such a role in being able to even attempt high end content.

It will be easier to farm *specific* uniques because of this (provided someone created a card for it). That will not mean it will be *easy* to do it.

Easy, more high end uniq drops, i assume that if the item dropchance is the same as it now for shavs for example, there will be more uniqs at the market, duo the basic drops + the card drops = more uniqs - less prize, or for SF higher chance to get the uniq. its a win situation for SF players and for most players who dont get the drops, but a loose for those who are praised by rng jesus :P. But overall it should improve the feelig of RNG because the cards can be another source of income.
This is a step in the right direction. Reminds me of D2's loot tables
. A brilliant way to direct your grind. Something PoE needs. Badly.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Guys i don't mean to be naysaying but don't get your hopes too far up that you can just easily find what you want in this way.

It's not gonna be like you have this whole act, or these few bosses where you can just farm them many times and kaboom you have your GG item. At least i would be very surprised if that was the case since they have up until now held their ground on extremely low drop rates all around.

Chances are you may get some tiny chance, like if you farm the same area for a month straight maybe then you will have your item on average.

Who knows, we may yet be surprised, and i was very surprised they added focused farming, but if we follow the pattern we have seen yet you still have to put in a lot of work to get the thing you want.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
The point is not having better drop rates, the point is reducing the variance on drops. It feels better because you can work towars something, and it feels worse because it's botlike.

At least is something, I'm seeing myself using this in the future, I don't really plan around uniques.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Maybe ill finaly find a BoR, windripper, shavs, Aegis.....majoiner.......pledge...................Yeah solo for a couple years and still none of these ;)
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
"
x_KOR_x wrote:

Once the Awakening packs have ended, we will add cards related to uniques and items as needed to keep the system up to date for future expansions. The system is here to stay but if you want to be part of it, these packs are the chance.

You realize that is likely over a year from now, right?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on May 1, 2015, 12:50:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info